Menu
rbpalmer2401
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 uPNP not working with qnap NAS or Wemo switches

Recently change from BT to Virgin, not changed any setup (as I use Unifi Wi-Fi Ap's) to create my wifi and not the BT/Virgin hub.

The only change it the Virgin Hub. and the LAN DHCP addressing.

Anyone got a Hub 3 working with uPNP devices.  Advanced settings uPNP is enabled but all of my devices (2 x Qnap NAS ) and 3 Wemo devices all say that uPNP is not enabled.

any advice would be good.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 uPNP not working with qnap NAS or Wemo switches

Three options-

• Switch firewall on,set static IP's, portforward the relevant ports.
  • Sit back and wait for a firmware update.
  • Request a SHAC as the HUB3 is not working with your LAN side kit.

My kit all worked with the original firmware, it depends on the devices implementation of UPNP.  Its a known issue with current firmware.

0 Kudos
rbpalmer2401
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kippies for the quick reply,  I have forwarded all the ports that I need that are static, but some the devices especially the Wemo kit require uPNP.

I assume the SHAC hub is a different router,  still good? for 200Mb?

Rich

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yup SHAC is the Super Hub 2 AC variant and will cheerfully do VIVID

All in all its okay. The HUB3 will be a better, more future proof bet when the firmware is updated but SHAC has worked with most LAN side stuff for most people (nothings 100%)

Suppose the other option I should have mentioned is getting a decent standalone router and sticking SHUB in modem mode. Id go the SHAC route first, check if that works for you.

0 Kudos
rbpalmer2401
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

For anyone else reading this Virgin media support informed me that they would not supply a SHAC and that I would have to wait for the updated firmware release of which there is currently no release date.

Any one know where to look for the firmware?

Rich

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

rbpalmer2401 wrote:

For anyone else reading this Virgin media support informed me that they would not supply a SHAC and that I would have to wait for the updated firmware release of which there is currently no release date.

Any one know where to look for the firmware?

Rich

Unfortunately the firmware update is not something you can download.  The updates are sent to the Hub from the CMTS when Virgin is ready to deploy it.

There is a firmware update being tested that does fix the UPnP.  But even when that's deployed there's things that need adding in that should have been in from the outset.

@ForumTeam  How about asking the firmware team when this is likely to be released to the long suffering public?

I personally still remain frustrated that you chose to release the firmware to them in the state you did.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rbpalmer2401,

The new firmware that should fix the bugs with UPnP devices is still due to be released very soon. This will be rolled out so some may get it ahead of others, but don't worry it will reach you all soon. 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Meatius
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Has this been rolled out yet, as I moved from BT to Virgi...

Has this been rolled out yet, as I moved from BT to Virgin yesterday and my PLEX on my QNAP no longer is accessible even after setting the port forwarding and switching off the Firewall, this sucks, I either have BT with crappy 13 MB speed but everything works or Virgin 200MB which is pretty useless as nothing now works

0 Kudos