Menu
MysticMaster
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 switch from modem to router mode.

Hub 3 set to modem mode on install as already had a router set up. Now wanting to switch it all to the hub in router mode. Logged in to hub and set up SSID and password as was set up on my router, hoping to make the transition smoothly. Enabled wireless and WPS button. Saved changes and rebooted hub. Swapped over ethernet cables from my router to the hub. Now nothing works. Connected laptop to hub via cable. Could not access hub either way. Decided to connect everything back to my router and rebooted hub. Now sees everything as before. For some reason suspect hub in modem mode although I ensured I had put it in router mode and saved changes. Any ideas anyone? Regards,
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 switch from modem to router mode.

When you re-booted the Hub 3.0 in router mode, did the LED become white and the Internet and wifi LEDs go green before going off?

0 Kudos
MysticMaster
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie, 

In fact they went that colour after the hub rebooted then the light went red again. Then I couldn't access it at all. That was when I connected the laptop and couldn't access the hub either in modem mode or router mode. Strangely enough, after I put everything back to my router and I could once more access the hub, it was in modem mode but both the wifi were switched off in the configuration. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Very strange. Your Hub 3.0 has returned to modem mode despite your attempts to get to router mode.

Have you tried to get to router mode with a further attempt?

An easy way would be to pinhole reset which would return it to factory configuration, including router mode and a single SSID for both wifi bands.

0 Kudos
MysticMaster
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie,

I have just found out what the base light colours mean from VM support page. Magenta when in Modem Mode and White in Router Mode. Will try to go to router mode once more, maybe tomorrow then do the reset if still same. If I do that and connect up the ethernet cables from  my computers first but switch them off. When I then reset the hub will it automatically go into router mode? If so, then I was thinking to switch on one of my computers and try to get into the hub. could I then be able to set up my SSID and password as it was on my router? Also, switch on both wifi speeds and WPS button? Would that work? or am I missing something. It would be great if there was a manual around on it.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The pinhole reset would leave the Hub 3.0 in router mode with wifi enabled. The password should be on the label and the little plastic, removable insert.

You could use a wifi device to access the hub settings and make changes to SSIDs and passwords to match those of your current router.

0 Kudos
MysticMaster
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ernie, I will do that. The only password I need is the small number one to get into the hub to change things. The SSID and password I would initially use would be the default one until I can change it. It sounds a better way than the way I was going to try. WiFi would be a better way to access the hub as the ethernet way I would not need to enter SSID or password as they would be direct connection. The reason for using WPS is to set up my wireless printer and powerline wifi extender. Thanks for your help Ernie, it is much appreciated.  

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you logging in to the correct IP ?

192.168.100.1 for modem mode ?

192.168.0.1 for router mode ?

It takes a while for the login home screen to appear

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos