Menu
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 power n software

Havent checkd my hub 3 for months....always on modem mode that y.

looked at it today...had 16 down channels, 2 up 64qam

they were downstream... around +5 power level THEN ....after reset hub they all are around +1.

upsream is +41

ALSO the router has 20mhz 40mhz and 80mhz asus router

on 80mhz things were fast like 200 mbps 20 metres away but come cut off..

is it better to have this when using various 802.11ac clients and other 802.11n clients on 5ghz to 20/40/80mhz then....

Why does that happen [even thou they are correct levels], how does that happen.

also is this latest software.. 9.1.116V

hardware version what this..mine is 10

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 power n software

Okay so- assuming you have a HUB3 in modem mode- power levels look fine.

Your then going to the Asus router- Ive no idea what the channels you are talking about are- Vis a Vis WiFi - it SHOULD work on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz concurrently.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The 80Mhz wide channel is only available to the  wireless AC, 5Ghz only standard. I would be suprised that you would receieve the 80Mhz channel width at a range of 20M as the channel width will fall back to 40Mhz wide once the wireless signal power falls below something like -57dBm. Obviously using MIMO wireless clients will give you greater speeds than single stream clients.

The 20Mhz and 40Mhz are available to wireless N clients on both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands, allthough it is not advisable to use the 40Mhz channel width on the 2.4Ghz band as the band is so narrow.

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

maybe I didnt explain it to well to the first poster...

First wondering why the power levels dropped after reboot of hub...is that normal...

then....

Yeah...at a distance on 80mhz....it keeps disconnecting even though is very fast on a dual stream 802.11 TV.

also I found the 80mhz interferes with sky Q which uses 80mhz to communicate between the main box and the multiroom box.

40mhz setting seemed to have evened it out...Im now trying to leave it on 20/40/80 hoping it can sort itself out between clients.

There is about 5 ac devices and 10 N devices...just couple on 2.4... No G or B clients..

So will 20/40/80 deal with it...channel width is complex at ac level... Im not even look at the 160mhz no chance.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No you explained it perfectly well, I just wasn't picking up you were referring to wireless channels, my fault.

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It complex...stuff was easier in the days on wireless b...Lol... so anyone out there know what best setting is for this mhz sito.

cmoooooooon!!!

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I need an answer on this within the next 1 minute.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well since you asked so nicely....

also I found the 80mhz interferes with sky Q which uses 80mhz to communicate between the main box and the multiroom box.

That suggests they are on the same channel. Are they? In the 5GHz band there are plenty of channels available so there is no need for them to interfere.  Try changing the router's channel.

0 Kudos
chutwutt
Superfast
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sky is more my area.

I found goto main box, goto settings... press 0 then 0 then 1 engineers menu...

I changed mine to 40mhz and change channel...no more issues with mini box losing connection....sorted ever since...

on the router for the rest of the items connected...

Just wondering for rest of devices, is 20/40/80 best for overall speed. just changed that now looks ok..but any1 with channel width knowledge could help

0 Kudos