Menu
chilly4756
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 now no wifi on laptop

Hi all,

I have just swapped over to hub3, followed set up all working ok except laptop will not connect to internet. I made call to VM who talked me through various fixes, because another laptop I tried worked ok, he said it was my laptop at fault. I had been using the laptop 15 minutes before the hub 3 was delivered. he suggested taking my laptop to computer repair, he said it could be a driver problem. my computer is about 2 years old and windows 10. any ideas please.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 now no wifi on laptop

Sounds like your wifi drivers are out of date, have you tried updating them, your laptop should work with ethernet

0 Kudos
chilly4756
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Legend.

I will go on google to find out what drivers I need and how to download them.

the person from VM also suggested buying a usb wifi dongle,

i was using my laptop 15 minutes before hub3 was delivered without any problems.

thanks for your reply

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

are the technical expertise of offshore - drivers maybe but i doubt it - broken certainly not - how is the wifi set up on the laptop - check it is not still trying to connect to the old hub - go to the wifi settings and forget the old networks you had? setup and start again with the ssid and passphrase on the hub3

Tony
chilly4756
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony

thanks for your quick response, I went through that procedure with tech expert, but because another laptop connected ok, he said it could be the drivers

on my laptop, although it was working ok 15 minutes before delivery and connection of hub 3.

I have connected temp using Ethernet cable.

thanks

John C

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

chilly4756 wrote:

Hi Tony

thanks for your quick response, I went through that procedure with tech expert, but because another laptop connected ok, he said it could be the drivers

on my laptop, although it was working ok 15 minutes before delivery and connection of hub 3.

I have connected temp using Ethernet cable.

thanks

John C

a tech expert and offshore if thats where it was is an oxymoron - drivers it may be but but in my mind its a long shot - always happy to be wrong - you could delete the drivers by uninstalling the wifi network card and letting win 10 find it again - the ethernet connection should then download drivers - see if that helps

what laptop is it and what wifi card does it have 

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
chilly4756
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Tony and Legend

just to say a big thanks for all your help,

I used temp Ethernet cable, tried to download driver updates.

redone passwords, now all working on wireless.

thanks again for your assistance.

0 Kudos