Menu
mlusername01
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 and Port Forwarding problem - any help please?

Hi,

Received Hub 3 yesterday, after using the Superhub 2ac.

Now 24 hours later, I have this problem, if anyone can help?

I need to port forward some ports - specifically 80, 82, and 8181. I realise port 80 is reserved now on this hub, so thats fine, and have entered the other 2 numbers in the fowarding list and enabled them.

My equipment which uses those ports are NOT now accessible from outside the LAN network, ie on the www internet. I have gone to an online port checker which says that 80 is okay, and the other 2 port numbers are closed... even though they are open on the router?

Nothing has changed in my setup. Its not firewalls on the equipment (as everything was working with the 2ac) I  am baffled if it is something I should be doing on the new router (which I'm not used to on this new router)? The firewall is switched to 'on' on the router. I know I can use DMZ on the router pointed to the equipment ip address, but this is using a sleghammer to crack a nut, I think, whereby all the ports will be open, instead of what I want which is only specific one.

Its frustrating to me, as I've paid for this router, and only now am finding out other people have problems?

So, should I ask for a new router, or a refund, or ask to be put back on to my old 2ac router, which I still have?

Sorry its a bit long winded, but tried to explain this to 6... yes SIX virgin technical support guys from abroad in a 40minute conversation, who kept passing me on (and had to explain six times also), and they were no help whatsoever!

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 and Port Forwarding problem - any help please?

Hello mlusername01,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

sorry to hear that you're struggling to access certain ports with your Hub 3. We're aware of some troubles with port forwarding from Hub 3 and we're hoping the next firmware will help. However, we have investigated this and found that some customers are finding that adding the ports in ascending order is successful.

I'm sorry about this, please let us know if it helps.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mlusername01
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 and Port Forwarding problem - any help please?

Hi, thanks for replying. Do you know or guestimate when the firmware will be being distributed out?

Thanks

0 Kudos