Menu
survivor118
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3 WPS not connecting

Hi.

I recently was sent out a hub 3 to replace my hub 2. Previosuly with the hub 2 i have had no issues connecting wifi and with WPS button.

But now since having this, the 2 devices that i used to connect via WPS are not connecting... i.e. my Sky Q box and my Canon MG3150 wireless printer.

Does anyone know of if there is a issue with the WPS button and how to resolve it, as it is blocking connection to these devices.

My sky is ok has it is connected via ethernet, but my wireless printer is not "wireless" as i am having to use a printer cable to print.

any help would be great

Thanks

Dal

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3 WPS not connecting

Hey Dal,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're having difficulties with your WPS connections. I've always found the best way to use WPS is from the Hub settings. If you go to 192.168.0.1 and then sign in using the details on your Hub, then go to Advanced settings, then wireless and then WPS. From there you will be able to connect via the push button or pin.

Can you please let me know if this helps.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
survivor118
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Actually got it sorted. I read another forum somewhere and someone on there suggested turning the router off then on again. What seems to happen is that after a while if you haven't used wps button, once pressed to connect, it tries to connect to the neighbours hub or system dependent on where thier hub/router is.
Anyways I thought I would try it and yes it worked.

0 Kudos
bcj19
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem connecting my new hub 3 and had no issues with my previous hub connecting. I have like logged on to the site you suggested but it  Is not accepting my password which I have tried several times. I have also rebooted the router.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear about this bcj19,

I've located your details and I'm unable to detect any cause for this at the moment.

Have you managed to get this sorted since posting?

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos