Menu
PhilN46
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3/Sricam cctv connection :-(

PLEASE HELP!

I am going insane with frustration-The story is that I have recently come over to VM and have a Hub 3 installed. I have 6 individual Sricam SP009 wireless P2P cctv cameras that connected easily and have been fine for the last year on my old (BT) system, but I am unable to connect them to my new router.

I am not very technically minded and understand basics but seriously need some assistance.

I have contacted the manufacturer who tell me they know of no reason why I am having difficulties.

I have been on to VM technical support who were zero help after hours on the phone

I tweeted VM and they suggested I try the VM Community for help, so here I am

PLEASE HELP and I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere but I am desperate

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3/Sricam cctv connection :-(

Hello PhilN46

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having difficulties connecting the webcams.

As I see it there are a couple of aspects to it, the first is making sure that the wireless is connected, that can be checked by logging into the hub and looking at connected devices Configuring Advanced Settings on your router

Secondly if the wireless is okay then you may need to forward some ports in the hub firewall Setting up port forwarding and port triggering on my Virgin Media router Probably best to chat to the webcam manufacture to find the particular ones involved. 

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
PhilN46
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ANYBODY ABLE TO HELP???? P L E A S E.......

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello PhilN46

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having difficulties connecting the webcams.

As I see it there are a couple of aspects to it, the first is making sure that the wireless is connected, that can be checked by logging into the hub and looking at connected devices Configuring Advanced Settings on your router

Secondly if the wireless is okay then you may need to forward some ports in the hub firewall Setting up port forwarding and port triggering on my Virgin Media router Probably best to chat to the webcam manufacture to find the particular ones involved. 

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
PhilN46
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well a few months have gone by and I have exhausted my ability/patience/drive for resolving this issue....I am still unable to get my Sricam SP009 IP cameras to work/connect using my VM Hub 3....Has anyone got a step by step guide for worn out numpties???

HELP!!!

0 Kudos