Menu
Hobnobs
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 wifi light flashing

Help

I have phoned VM three times and been told 1) I have too many devices connected so it will flash 2) There was an overlap in channel 3) Its fine, its fine...you have a good speed so it's fine.

Has anyone got an answer? I have done the  reboot etc...and it still keeps flashing.

All the blurb says it should be blank with a white led light unless you press the was button 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 wifi light flashing

Hi Hobnobs,

You are of course quite correct.

On Hub 3 the Wi-Fi LED should only be lit for 2 minutes on boot-up. It should only remain lit if there is something wrong.

I've checked from here and there appears to be no fault with your Hub so I'd like to know if you're experiencing any problems at all?

If not then I wouldn't worry too much about that light, it might just be a defective LED but you could try restoring the Hub back to factory settings.

If that doesn't help, and if this is bothering you, let me know and I'll arrange for a replacement to be sent out.

Welcome to our Forum by the way, nice to have you on-board Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Hobnobs
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Had new hub 3.0 fitted today. Started flashing soon after installation. Been on phone ever since....collective wisdom is don't worry and it's just updating. The wifi light will stop flashing in 24hours. 

Will wait and see as it's been flashing for 3 weeks over two different hubs. 

If anyone has got has got to the bottom of this please help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Hobnobs

Interesting, if it is doing it on two different hubs it is less likely to be faulty hub hardware. Does it do it with no devices connected, I wonder if it is picking up something not quite right with the wireless network.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Hobnobs
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I switched all my devices of and rebooted hub 3. Switched on all my devices one by one over a 24hr period. Allowing time between each device.

After two iPad pro, one HP laptop, and HTC8 phone, Amazon firestick, google chrome cast were reconnected over Wi-Fi along with now TV and printer by cable it took a day before the green Wi-Fi light began flashing again.

My Wi-Fi used to be high 40's to 50Meg now it's back into the 20 and 30's. 10 feet away and one wall between me and hub 3.

Still scouring web for an answer.
0 Kudos