Menu
fizzydragon
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 upgrade - modem/connection needs moving first

I have just had a letter about upgrading. My current set up is that the modem sits in the back corner of the house in the extension (was put there before Wi-Fi when the computer was connected by cable) and my Wi-Fi router runs via cable into the middle of the house, as otherwise the upstairs and front of the house has poor Wi-Fi connection. If I am just sent a new combined Hub to plug in where my current modem is I will have issues with Wi-Fi connection upstairs again. What to do? (PS we have literally just redecorated so do not want to have to knock holes in walls etc.... NOT happy about this - my Wi-fi works just FINE as it IS!!!!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 upgrade - modem/connection needs moving first

I believe you can still run your existing Wi-Fi off the new combined device.  You would need to disable the Wi-Fi on the new Superrouter, so that devices just continue to connect to your Wi-Fi device as they currently do.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can switch the new superhub into modem mode and it will just replace your exsisting one and you carry one where you left off.

Hope your power levels are good and your not in a high utilisation area, but thats another story....

All Replies
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I believe you can still run your existing Wi-Fi off the new combined device.  You would need to disable the Wi-Fi on the new Superrouter, so that devices just continue to connect to your Wi-Fi device as they currently do.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You can switch the new superhub into modem mode and it will just replace your exsisting one and you carry one where you left off.

Hope your power levels are good and your not in a high utilisation area, but thats another story....