Menu
Swhite991
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 time restriction and Airprint

Just recently upgraded to hub 3.0 in order to improve speed and to be able to use both 2.4GHz and 5GHz at the same time. Previous Superhub 1 couldn't do this. So really happy with performance but have lost time based restriction facility which was useful for controlling children's devices and also noticed that Airprint doesn't work and also Wifi printer is not discoverable from Windows laptop anymore. 

I have read that there could be a firmware update coming soon, is there any news when this will coming.

Also Gui is really slow

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Swhite991
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 time restriction and Airprint

Ok thanks Ralph, will it just get updated or will i need to initiate the update?

Ralph_R wrote:

Hi Swhite991,

Welcome to the communitySmiley Happy

Apologies for the printer and GUI issues, a new firmware update has been released for Hub which should resolve most of your troubles and is being rolled out in stages over the coming weeks, so should be with you soon with a bit of luck.

Thanks again for posting Smiley Happy

Ralph_R wrote:

Hi Swhite991,

Apologies for the printer and GUI issues, a new firmware update has been released for Hub which should resolve most of your troubles and is being rolled out in stages over the coming weeks, so should be with you soon with a bit of luck.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Swhite991,

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Swhite991
Tuning in
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok thanks Ralph, will it just get updated or will i need to initiate the update?

Ralph_R wrote:

Hi Swhite991,

Ralph_R wrote:

Hi Swhite991,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Swhite991,

No need to do anything, the update will happen automatically once available, you may see the Hub reboot as part of the process but that's allSmiley Happy

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

AlanGilby
Tuning in
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Superhub3 AirPrint Concerns

Ralph 

Can you give some feed back on the Superhub3 - AirPrint not working , I was unable to get this working 3 months ago on receiving my Superhub 3 and had to go back to Superb 2, having read your posts I was hopeful that the latest Firmware would fix this but have just read that members have not found this to be the case and don't want to install the Superb 3 again until I feel the device will support AirPrint 

I have just spoken to technical and they pretty much deny  any issues - reiterate they don't support wireless printing - will not confirm what the updates are in the new firmware , despite me explaining the superb 2 worked and again worked when I went back to it and that it dosent work with multiple devices : iPhone/McBook/Imac  and that there are posts on the community  she really didn't want to know? just hid behind the don't support wireless devices

You appear to be the only man on this case, is the general feed back that it is 100% ok , I just don't want to install the hub3 again change all my passwords to find it unreliable

thanks 

Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub3 AirPrint Concerns

Hi Alan,

I'm not aware of any issues specifically with AirPrint, though suspect that the previous firmware problems with UPNP may be related. This should now be remedied for you if your Hub has updated it's firmware.

May I enquire as to what is not working and how this is evidenced? And let me know what settings you have on the Hub please.
Hopefully then we'll get this matter resolved.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

AirPrint works fine on my Hub 3.0 however I run The Bonjour service on my network from a Airport Time Capsual in bridge mode.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
AlanGilby
Tuning in
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen 

Thanks for your reply, As I stated in my initial post  I had to go back to my SH2 that was back in February, I hoped Firmware update would eventually rectify the issue  however given the time activating the hub and changing passwords across devices and given a few reports that Air Print was still an issue more recently I have been sceptical to reinstall the SH3, having read your reply I will now reinstall it and let you know the outcome.

Initially on the original firmware with the SH3 printing was intermittent if at all across all my devices : iPhones,iMac, Mac Book pro Retaina and iPads  after reinstalling the SH2 all went back to normal  so there was definitely an issue

thanks for your help

Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan,

You'll need to re-activate the Hub 3 to your account (call 150 - free from VM landline/mobile- or 0345 454 1111). 

But please retain your current Hub model, just in case you wish to revert back. If you have any difficulty please let me know Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
AlanGilby
Tuning in
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Jen

Thanks for your assistance to date 

I went back to my Superb 3 at the weekend, connected all my Devices , updated the router with the firmware finishing with a "T"

Initially I was able to print via air print and by the time I had connected all my equipment  the devices no longer see the printer just like 4 Months ago, I called the technical support and ended up speaking to an advisor in india (very helpful) who listened to my story  then called Manchester (next level technical I assume), he then came back to me and said it was a known issue and at some point in the future there would be a new firmware he sympathised and at least I felt it was a known issue whilst no available fix at present

I then reconnected my superb 2 and everything works fine 

It's just very disappointing  and time consumming with lots of variations from "we don't have an issue" to "we don't support wireless" then theres a new firmware that should cure it and then it dosent  but there is another firmware in pipeline , from what I have read I am not alone, I find it frustrating when some technical people want to give me a number to call where I get to pay for someone to try and convince me its my devices (all of them). I hope the last it guy is right giving me some hope!

I would appreciate your views 

Alan

0 Kudos