Menu
robwilliams14
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 problems

I received my Quickstart package earlier this afternoon and after attaching the coax and plugging in the 3.0 Hub I left it to do what I assume was the 30 min (maximum) firmware update. 90 mins later and I was still faced with a steady white light at the bottom, green flashing arrows, a steady green wifi symbol, and no internet access.

After an initial call to customer services I was told the line would be reactivated, to unplug the hub, replug it in after a minute, after 30 mins (maximum) the firmware update will have taken place and all would be well.

60 minutes later and I was faced with the same light sequence as initially described. Another phone call to customer services and I was asked to log into the router configuration page (192.168.0.1) where after confirming a few pieces of information I was asked to restore the hub to it's factory settings and wait 30 minutes for the firmware update to take place. I was assured I would receive a call back after 30 mins.

An hour later I called customer services again where the gentleman I spoke to this time assured me everything his end appeared fine, that he could see I was connected and that I should be online. He has diagnosed an IT problem (apparently a problem somewhere in the activation process) and has told me to await a call back. Anywhere from 24 hours to 7 days.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Rob
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 problems

I havent personally , but as a regular on the forums I can tell you it has happened in the past.

Seems to be "coincidentally" over weekends most times...

On the plus side, these ones are usually solved quickly so wait it out for a bit. If 1st line can "see" the modem, your cable is fine.

As a backup, if you want to screen shot the screens from your "check HUB status" (top right  of the configuration screen) we can double check its seeing the network.

BTW, firmware updates CAN take a bit longer that the stated 30 mins.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Also Ive removed your duplicate post. Please dont post duplicate threads as it make it harder to support you.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kay Ive put these up for staff to see when they get to it...

large.pnglarge1.pnglarge2.pnglarge3.png

Dee31n
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Had the same issue - called the support number. Apparently it was an issue from their end and they sorted it and took me 45 mins to get access - got a text as well
robwilliams14
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE

Two more phonecalls made today to customer services. The first one I was 'disconnected' from.

Result of the second phonecall is an engineer call out booked for Wednesday evening.

0 Kudos