Menu
GaryBS
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 – meaning of flashing Wi-Fi light on front?

I've had a Hub 3.0 for several months now and generally been pretty happy with it.  Earlier this evening I noticed the Wi-Fi light on the front is flashing.  I still seem to be able to connect, for example, my iPhone, so whatever is causing it doesn't appear to be a major problem.  Can anyone explain specifically what this flashing means?

I've not done anything with the Hub 3.0 configuration since shortly after I got the device.  I certainly hadn't been logged in to the Hub earlier this evening (and there's only me on the network).  Since noticing the issue, I have logged in but can't find (a) anything to indicate there's actually a problem or (b) a built-in Help system to explain what might be up.

I found Virgin Media's "What do the lights on a router mean?" support page, but that's useless in this instance.  It illustrates the Wi-Fi light, but makes no mention of the flashing state: "When the Hub 3.0 has completed its start up procedure, the WiFi light will remain on for 2 minutes before going off. It will only remain lit if there is a problem with WiFi."  And, since my iPhone is connecting, there doesn't actually seem to be a problem – at least, not a major problem.

A proper user manual would be handy – does anyone know where I can download one?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 – meaning of flashing Wi-Fi light on front?

Hi GaryBS,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I appreciate your query in regards to the wireless light flashing on the Hub, apologies if this is becoming annoying.

If the light still flashes this could be an issue with interference on the selected channel.

Have you tried to change the wireless channel to see if that helps at all?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 – meaning of flashing Wi-Fi light on front?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/Wifi-Light-Flashing-on-my-hub3/td-p/301...

Should provide the answer.

Shocking that VM don't care about proper documentation.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos