Menu
cs9896
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 internet on wifi drops out frequently but wired is fine

Hi

I have a hub 3.0, and this week I've noticed that my internet keeps dropping out when connected through wifi. 

• Wired is absolutely fine - every time
  • My wifi isn't broken on my computer - it works fine on my neighbour's router, or tethered to my phone.
  • Resetting the router doesn't do anything

When I connect by wifi, it works for about 2 mins and then drops out.

I would say it sounds like a buffer overrun issue on the wifi. Can someone take a look and let me know. Failing this I will consider requesting a new router

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 internet on wifi drops out frequently but wired is fine

Hi cs9896, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your wireless connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Try Getting the best WiFi Signal and let us know if this makes a difference. If not pop a post back here and we will take another look. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
greeniegirl
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Afternoon

I know it can be very frustrating, we all use wifi a lot these days. Your hub 3 has 2 frequencies 1 is 2.4ghz (better range/coverage)  the other is 5ghz (faster speed short range/ not every device is compatible.

Best advice is to log into your router settings, change the wifi names so you can tell both the frequencies apart.  You can also change your wifi channel as you could be picking up interference.

Personally I would connect my devices to the 2.4ghz first for a while to see how you get on then make a decision upon which frequency works best for you.

Hope this helps

Goodluck

I am a virginmedia employee but all opinions are my own.
0 Kudos
Aaronix
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be many other threads complaining of this issue. I simply don't believe that is a coincidence and I am very suspicious about Virgin's explanations which always place the problem squarely on the individuals reporting the issue I.e. it's a microwave, it's the room your in, it's a neighbours hive heating controller etc.
They need to look into this and find out what's happening and why, in my opinion.
The remote reset seems to sometimes resolve the issue for a few hours days.
0 Kudos