Menu
Jamieyboy1992
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 help please

Hi can anybody help me please I live in a house share where we all pay our way for the wifi - one person in the house is refusing to pay and I've tried changing the password and it messed up the modem so I'm trying to find an alternative way to just block out this one persons device, is this possible to do if so can anyone explain as best as they can how I go about doing this. Thank you very much.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 help please

Cannot tell you the way to block this, but be careful to remove all details on the Hub3 login, as the person you wish to block may do a hard pin-hole reset on the hub and gain control of it.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos

All Replies
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Cannot tell you the way to block this, but be careful to remove all details on the Hub3 login, as the person you wish to block may do a hard pin-hole reset on the hub and gain control of it.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Jamieyboy1992
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yeah no I don't even know how to block devices plus the person doesn't have access to the modem password when it does reset
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Jamieyboy1992

Welcome to our forum, shame that somebody is unable to pay, it is possible in theory to block devices from their MAC address, we have an article here that explains more Setting up MAC filtering on my router

Hope that helps.

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
HackedComputer
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

MAC Filtering is trivial to bypass. 

Your best bet is to change the password on both the Modem and the WiFi. 

Sure he/she can do a pin-hole reset, but unless they know what they're doing too? 

0 Kudos
Suzanne2
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you log in to the router via 192.168.0.1 then click on the tab that says 'device connection status' you get a list of all the devices that have connected. Perhaps you could use this to show the person that since they are using the WiFi they should pay? Just a thought, but I realise they might be not very easy to reason with.

0 Kudos