Menu
-FR-
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 and home sharing on Apple TV 3rd generation

I have recently upgraded from a super hub to the hub 3.0 and have been having problems connecting to iTunes home sharing with my apple tv 3rd generation ever since. The Apple TV connects to home sharing when I first turn it on, but then loses the connection usually within the first 30-45 minutes. The only way to reconnect is to either restart the Apple TV box or to sign out of home sharing on iTunes and back in, although the connection inevitably cuts out again shortly afterwards. This never happened before switching to the 3.0 hub, and all of my other equipment is exactly the same as before.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this (or a similar) problem, or can suggest a solution? 

0 Kudos
connor_p
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 and home sharing on Apple TV 3rd generation

Have you tried disabling the built-in firewall on the SH? If memory serves me right, the firewall is disabled by default on the SH 2, but comes enabled as standard on the SH 3.

0 Kudos
-FR-
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 and home sharing on Apple TV 3rd generation

Hi connor_p - thanks for the advice. Please forgive me, I'm not too knowledgeable about technology and have a couple of questions:

1. How would I go about disabling the firewall?

2. Are there any risks associated with disabling it? (I'm assuming it's turned on as standard for a reason?)

Thanks again!

0 Kudos