Menu
xma1e
Joining in
Message 41 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 and VPN

I solved all my VPN problems by turning my not so "superhub" into the dumb modem mode and attaching a REAL router to it.
Virgin media's new superhub is really Supersh*t in reality.
0 Kudos
Alex1968
Tuning in
Message 42 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Really really disappointed in Virgin Media, this has been going on for months and months and no solution is available, how hard can it be for the hub 3 not to crash when you use the internet?

both my partner and I work from home from time to time and need to use VPN and work wirelessly.

When I spoke to someone at virginmedia a few months ago their solution was do not use skype with VPN, and definitely do not use either with wifi!!  They assured me hub will not crash if I did not use it for any of the things I wanted to use it for, ie using wfi with vpn where any data transfer was involved, basically simple web pages might be fine, but anything with media in it could cause an issue with wifi leading to the hub crashing..

Virginmedia also said several times someone would ring to discuss issues with the hub crashing and using vpn, no one ever rang,

the solution we have is a 10 meter ethernet cable we plug in and trail round the house, clearly a trip hazard but at least skype calls do not end suddenly with the hub crashing.

very disappointed in virgin media and would not recommend anyone has internet with them where you might want to use the internet.

mildenhall
Rising star
Message 43 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Alex1968 wrote:

Really really disappointed in Virgin Media, this has been going on for months and months and no solution is available, how hard can it be for the hub 3 not to crash when you use the internet?

both my partner and I work from home from time to time and need to use VPN and work wirelessly.

When I spoke to someone at virginmedia a few months ago their solution was do not use skype with VPN, and definitely do not use either with wifi!!  They assured me hub will not crash if I did not use it for any of the things I wanted to use it for, ie using wfi with vpn where any data transfer was involved, basically simple web pages might be fine, but anything with media in it could cause an issue with wifi leading to the hub crashing..

Virginmedia also said several times someone would ring to discuss issues with the hub crashing and using vpn, no one ever rang,

the solution we have is a 10 meter ethernet cable we plug in and trail round the house, clearly a trip hazard but at least skype calls do not end suddenly with the hub crashing.

very disappointed in virgin media and would not recommend anyone has internet with them where you might want to use the internet.

As many people have said - invest in your own personal router and use the VirginHub as a modem and nothing else. Where I live the Virgin BB speed is very good, it's just a shame about the hub part.

TC4
Joining in
Message 44 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Hi Echelom,

Would you be prepared to help me with some more information regarding your setup?

I am a newb to VPN and have no idea what a private vpn tunnelled proxy is! but I would like to give it a try.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
n1n
On our wavelength
Message 45 of 102
Flag for a moderator

After looking at setting my personal VPN up I have managed to grab a connection using OpenVPN and the SuperHub 3.0.

Enable Firewall protection, untick Port Scan Detection and IP Flood detection.

Now try connecting to your VPN

0 Kudos
bako1
Joining in
Message 46 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I don't know if this issue has already been resolved but I've just fixed mine. All you have to do is choose PPTP VPN type instead of leaving it on Automatic. It worked for me. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
SJC
Tuning in
Message 47 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Where exactly is this done? Is this somewhere in settings on the Superhub or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
0 Kudos
philiptew
Tuning in
Message 48 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

And here is another brand new customer who is unable to access any VPN website because i'm being blocked by VM.  I don't know how to access my Super Hub 3 and do not know where to find the password?   Any help would be appreciated.

n1n
On our wavelength
Message 49 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Hi Philip,

Check the bottom of your router for the admin password and head to 192.168.0.1 to input it.

That's for starters!
philiptew
Tuning in
Message 50 of 102
Flag for a moderator

Where exactly is this ? I am unable to find it in advanced settings.

0 Kudos