Menu
zthrx
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 Wifi disconnects couple times a day

Hi,

I have Acer laptop with Qualcomm atheros qca61x4a and recently switched from BT to Virgin. On BT there was no problem with internet/signal at all, after switching to V/hub 3.0 I lose wifi connection couple times a day (sometimes every 5 minutes). I've tried every possible drivers and still have this problem.

Thank you in advance

upstreamupstreamdownstreamdownstream

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 Wifi disconnects couple times a day

Hi zthrx, 

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about your issues with your WiFi disconnecting a few times a day, I apologise for any troubles incurred.

I have tested things from here and I can see that your modem's SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) levels are too low and will will require an engineer to attend and investigate things further for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi zthrx,

Hope you don't mind me getting back to you on behalf of Adam, as he is currently away from the office at the moment.

Further to your private message advising that you're still experiencing connectivity issues, I've had a look at everything from this end and I've not been able to detect any faults either via the equipment levels or network segment.

If you're experiencing trouble predominantly via a WiFi connection, I recommend Changing your Virgin Media Hub's wireless channel, in order to try and improve this type of connection.

Let me know how you get on with this,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
vircom
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you are going to try alternative wifi channels, I suggest downloading a wifi analyser app to your phone/pad so that you can get an idea of what others are using and what channels might give you an improvement.
0 Kudos