Menu
tom1231
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 WIFI set up

Hi Guys

Finally took delivery of said HUB 3.0, but have only been able to connect to internet via ethernet.

I have found the little booklets 'not a great help', and am wondering if somebody can give me advice, and/or point me in the right direction. No suggestion of any faults, but more of a lack of instructions for my set up.

I guess it would help if I add that I have an Old PC, running on Windows 7.

Not massively bothered about WIFI for the PC, but would LOVE to be able to use it for Internet Radio on my HIFI downstairs ( again, advice appreciated on this specific also....

Thank you for reading

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 WIFI set up

hiya @tom1231 what happens when you try and use the wifi?, any error messages etc.. since the wifi details are on the sticker on the hub, on some older devices you need to alter the wifi splitting apart the 2.4ghz and 5ghz into different networks, to do this if using the wired connection log into the hub via http://192.168.0.1 login password on the hub.. goto wireless settings and give the 2.4ghz and 5ghz a different name could just add 2.4 5 to the end of each apply/save and see how it goes.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
tom1231
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi Paul,

thank you for your time..

Please bear with me on this:

Via 'Network and Internet'>'set up a new connection or network>set up a network('choose the wireless router or access point you want to configure')~this just shows a blank box with no info:does say that it might take'up to 90 seconds for unconfigured devices to appear'... so far nothing

Treis searching for'wireless manager'on my PC~nothing

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hiya, you shouldn't need to touch the new connection wizard.. so to check the PC has a wireless card?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wifi is usually enabled by default, and the wifi password is usually on a sticker under the hub.

What happens if you follow the instructions on your internet radio for connecting to wifi, does it find anything ?

0 Kudos
tom1231
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Paul,

Thank you for your reply.

My PC is OLD, about 10years now( imedia S1800)~doesnt have any such thing i dont think

I am running my access via Ethernet cable; am wondering if I disconnect it and then try for WIFI? ~ if I try now(through network settings)it says I am already online......

0 Kudos
tom1231
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve

Thank you also for your input.

My HIFI just eventually says'no network'....

0 Kudos
tom1231
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Addendum:

Reading on a bit...do I need a wireless adapter/dongle...?

0 Kudos