Menu
Carl_Anderson
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 Router Problem.

Hi. New to community help sites so hi.
I've had Virgin fiber for just over 12 months with no issues at all. A few weeks ago my the hub 2 router just seemed to stop getting any connection. The up/down arrow would turn white and just drop out constantly. I called Virgin who explained about some fault in the area and to wait x amount of hours. I did this and nothing so called again to be told it was the router and I was to be sent a new one.

A few days later the hub 3.0 arrived and when connected it seemed fine for about 4 hours. Now again this router will not connect and is in a constant self reboot cycle trying to get a connection. I called again to be told the same sort of thing and so waited with no joy, called again and told to wait as the router appeared fine. After several days this has got a little frustrating so last night I called again after having connection for about an hour only for the same cycle to start again. I was told nothing apears wrong but an engineer has been booked, but not until Saturday.

My kids are driving me potty because they have no Internet and its been over a week already. I just don't understand as it was perfect for the best part of 12 months. I have friends a few street's away with Virgin who have no problems. Any ideas ? Old and new router just suddenly can't hold connection ?? 😕🤕😕

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 Router Problem.

Loose fittings?
Carl_Anderson
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cheers mate I've checked connections about a million times lol.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carl_Anderson,

Thanks for posting, I've just been running a few checks on your servie and can see that networks are investigating and SNR fault (noise ingress) on your cable ref.F004991840, estimated fix date is 17/01.

This looks like the problem, please drop by if you would like an update at any point.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Carl_Anderson
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HI
Thank you for your reply. Yeah something was mentioned about that but also that my router can't hold its connection. I can have no connection for 4-6 hours then I'll suddenly have one with really bad connection speeds, a fraction of what I should be getting and then the next it's great for an hour before disappearing again for hours on end. It's been well over one week now.
Regards
Carl
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello Carl,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Apologies again for the fault in your area, I can see this has now been resolved.

Has your connection improved? If not please let us know and we will investigate further.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Carl_Anderson
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HI

I've just got home from work. The last 2 days I seemed to have maintained a connection. I have just completed a speed test which resulted in 89mbps instead of the 150mbps I should be getting. I did 2 tests, both with same results.

Regards

Carl
0 Kudos
Carl_Anderson
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Problem has started again. Router can't keep any connection and been in reset cycle for 2 hours.

Argghhhh....... Logged into Virgin on phone with no reported problems.
0 Kudos
Carl_Anderson
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Still having problems with signal strength/speed. It's currently 82.6mbps rather than the 150mbps I used to get. 😓

Regards
Carl
0 Kudos
Carl_Anderson
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi
Can someone from Virgin look at this please. I'm getting frustrated to keep calling. The problem in the area was alleged to have been fixed last week. Since then I my internet continues to deteriorate. It keeps the connection now but my speeds are shocking.

Today's speed test was less that 9mbps which should be 150mbps. I have used the Virgin status checker which states there are no problems.

Regards
Carl.
0 Kudos