Menu
Altogal
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 Mac address filtering does not work

I would be grateful if anyone has sorted the issue with MAC address filtering on the Hub 3. I have tried to set timings for my teenagers devices several times. I have selected her devices and used the grid to to set restricted times for different days of the week. Each time I click on "apply settings" . What then happens is that the devices are connected to teh hub but internet connection is restricted BUT the timings dont work and she cannot connect unless I go back in and remove all restritions for all her devices. As a new cusotmer who was able to do this with my very old Belkin moden I am pretty fed up. Also where can I get a full manual for the Hub? The instructions I was left with are useless.

THanks for any help

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 Mac address filtering does not work

If you need Mac address filtering any time soon you might as well use modem mode and a router that supports Mac address filtering.

Altogal
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply. I guessed as much. This and a 5 month wait for installation mean we' ll be leaving virgin media as soon as contract allows
0 Kudos
cje85
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is a manual here (same device and firmware as the Hub 3)

https://www.upc.ch/dam/www-upc-cablecom-ch/business/pdf/Support1/b2b-ConnectBox_Manual_EN.PDF

0 Kudos
Altogal
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks!
0 Kudos