Menu
asbennett
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 Green flashing base light

Received my self install hub today. Opened up the box, rang virgin to activate, set up as instructed, turned on..hub base then goes to light flashing green. Cant access any web pages. Router shows up on laptop but cant connect to the internet. Any ideas much appreciated! Technician arranged for house visit, but I don't have much faith :/
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 Green flashing base light

The internet light flashes if it's trying to connect or if it's looking for updates. If it is looking for updates it can take quite a while. Leave it an hour and see what happens.

0 Kudos
asbennett
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply,

It continued to do so for 2 and half hours without no results. Technician is booked to come out, will they just look over what ive done and repeat the same steps or do you think theyll bring new parts or have other means of making it work?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would imagine they'd start by checking the cabling to the property to see if there's a signal, just because the cable is there doesn't mean it's working. It might not even be connected at the cabinet.

You could try calling the activation line again, it has been known for it not to activate first time.

0 Kudos
asbennett
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The connection has definitely been activated..rang twice just to check and had confirmation from virgin. The box on the wall is NTL but ive been told this is fine. The box on the outside of my home also has a virgin media brown plastic covering. I have just moved into the property so im not so certain what has happened with the past tennants internet sitch.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi asbennett, 

Thanks for posting about your issues with a green flashing base light on the Hub, I apologise for any inconvenience.

I have tested things from here and I can see that your downstream power levels are too low, an engineer will be required to attend and investigate this further for you.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all booked and secured for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos