Menu
JayEffGee2016
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 Defying all attempts to change settings

Hi Everyone,

After seven years of 'old' Virgin equipment I thought I would go for the 'upgrade' to up to 200 MB download and lots of other good stuff.

Like so many things in life the anticipation was greater than reality...

Take the Hub 3.0 - cannot log in to it to change settings and I have tried just about everything I could think of and read up on but no matter what it will not entertain the password to log in and change the settings from modem to modem/router.

Download speeds - hit a high at 28Mb download the low was 3Mb. It's like going back to the days of ADSL...

I don't whether to be mad at all of this or join the other sufferers with this Hub 3.0.

Will give it a week and then it's goodbye to all of it I think.

Funny thing, Cabling men arrived this morning and competely trashed my existing box so for 5 hours I had nothing, no phone, no internet at all.

Excepting that is for my trusty 4g mobile which I set up as a WiFi hotspot - managed to get 72Mbps download consistently.

Any tips on the 3.0 access torture routine and any other crumbs of comfort I will be grateful to hear your learned ideas.

Sympathies to all fellow Virgin Media victims. Perhaps we could start a therapy group Smiley Happy

Regards to all

0 Kudos
JayEffGee2016
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 Defying all attempts to change settings

Well, many hours later suddenly the sun is shining again and the world is a happy place.

With a download speed of 178 Mbps it's got to be good Smiley Happy.

The router access problem was MY mistake. In all of yesterdays installation mania I didn't read the SETTINGS password on the base of the Hub 3.0 and once I used the correct password of course all was well as I could now configure the router. 

So for any else at the stage I was at look on the base of the router and don't like me try to log in with the wi-fi password. It doesn't work.

My journey with Virgin continues at a much greater speed..

To all of those nice people in Customer Support many thanks for your hearing me out and the music is just fine ..

I ws thinking about going into modem mode and buying an asus ac68 type wireless router but right now I don't think it can get any better speed wise with the various laptops and PC's I am running.

To all those reaching the self install and self created technical roadblocks don't give up or give in as eventually things will work out. Just be patient and keep thinking about the steps that you have taken in the self install process. I think 99% of the time it's the users who are making errors and not equipment failures or defects.

I was ready to blame everything and everyone for the problems but it was actually my own stupidity that caused the difficulty. Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa.

Well, thats today's confession over with. Back to the fast lane Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 Defying all attempts to change settings

The music is Schmitt!

Otherwise glad you are sorted. In a week's time, the VM bods should chime in and say they are glad too!

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos