Menu
nph1974
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 [9.1.116V] Firmware with Airplay Speaker

Hi Guys

This issue is driving me mad and it's so frustrating. We recently came over from sky, where my Loewe Airspeaker would sit happily on the network and always be available from iPhone and iPad. Now on the hub 3.0 it just vanishes after initial setup. If I reset the speaker it appears but if I don't use it, it will vanish. I've spent hours and hours sifting through these forums reading peoples similar issues and I have tried everything! Pulling my hair out now - what is the problem with this hub 3.0 and Airspeaker? My mother has an earlier hub with Virgin and the speaker was flawless on that also.

Appreciate any new advice that could help please...

Regards

Nick 

0 Kudos
andyjstew
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 3.0 [9.1.116V] Firmware with Airplay Speaker

Hi nph1974,

Not sure on the wi-fi specs of the Loewe Airspeaker but if it perhaps runs on 5Ghz aswell as 2.4Ghz perhaps try switching off the 5Ghz band on the router and see if you get the same issues on the 2.4Ghz wi-fi band?

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Seems on the face of it, based on what you said about losing it if you don't use it that the IP address lease issued to the speaker times out at the end of its allotted period. That can be changed in the DHCP settings.

Better still to assign the MAC address of the speaker to a stic IP address so that it never times out.

Have you considered this?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
nph1974
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for replying. I have tried this numerous times before and it still behaves the same.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Are you connecting the speaker wired (via Ethernet)? Which would be good!

0 Kudos
nph1974
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes the wired option works fine, but not practical when the speaker was perfect on Sky router. I got this as a wireless option so I could place it anywhere which was so good with Sky. Never offline. Hub 3 is the problem.
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So do you think this is a Hub 3 wireless range problem? If so, then you might have to spend your wayu out of the problem with WiFi enabled Powerline adapters.

0 Kudos
nph1974
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

From what I've read, its definitely an airplay problem with the hub 3 that doesn't play well. We will be heading back to sky as soon as our contract is up.
0 Kudos