Menu
dasyurus
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hub 2.0 Poor Wifi range

I got this router changed some time back but I have never had a good WiFi range on it and I see that others have had similar issues is there any chance of getting this swooped. The range is far worse than the hub 1.0 that I had before. I cant stream anything to my TV downstairs I only get around 2MB on my Xbox and around 10MB on my TV

0 Kudos
envoycdx
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub 2.0 Poor Wifi range

I would look at what type of wireless you're connecting too, and how you have it configured on the router. for example, are you connecting to Wifi 2.4ghz, or 5ghz? Is it setup for B, G or N? For example:  photo vmrouterwifi_zpsenzqnhkj.jpgI have to set my router the below to get signal in various parts of the house (Victorian build), not sure about your situation but it may help.
0 Kudos
dasyurus
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have it setup the same as yours below different channel as keep swopping it to see if works better. 

It does not matter how I set it up the wifi is poor I have to have it on.

If I use 2.4GHz the best I get from 54Mbps is around 2Mbps at a small distance of 10M thru 1 wall.

if I use the higher 144Mbps or 300Mbps to this does improve but the signal is very weak (2 bars or 1 on 300Mbps) and drops out all the time and best I get from 10M away is 10 to 20 Mbps

old router I got 50Mbps with a full wifi signal this one simple does not do the same. on 2.4GHz 

5G I use does the same with range the signal is very poor even when sitting below it with just the ceiling and a desk between.

0 Kudos
envoycdx
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would look at the wifi adapter / drivers then. I have experienced similar issues particularly with Atheros cards, particularly on older Windows 7 laptops.
0 Kudos
envoycdx
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Did you have any joy with this?
0 Kudos