Menu
sophy_101
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How to remove parental controls when I pay for my account through a letting agency & have non-admin login

So I'm more than a little **bleep** off because I can't access the online safety controls and unblock a website - I just want to read some fanfiction god bloody damn it, why the hell is AO3 banned. I am not living with this **bleep** when it's my only way of decompressing as a student besides drinking.

I pay for my account through my letting agency as I'm renting out a student flat. For crying out loud, everyone in the flat is over the age of 20, we hardly need parental restrictions.

Unfortunately, as we're not the technical owner of the account, as we have to log in through a separate webpage address with a password, and therefore can't access the bloody controls.

Can you please explain how I'm supposed to change these stupid settings when I can't go through the bloody red tape of:

"You just need to log-in to My Virgin Media - http://my.virginmedia.com - as the primary account holder.

Go to the My Apps section, and select Parental Controls with Virgin Media Web Safe.

Click on the Manage Web Safe button.

You’ll be able to choose to turn Child Safe or Virus Safe on or off.

Changes are normally implemented within 30 seconds or so, but may take up to 5 minutes to take affect."

Our accounts are all individual network black box thingies that are all ran the letting agency. They're not open over the weekend, so I can't call to complain either. Seriously, what the **bleep** virgin I need to fix this asap.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to remove parental controls when I pay for my account through a letting agency & have non-adm

change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and they will no longer work.
0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to remove parental controls when I pay for my account through a letting agency & have non-adm

You sound angry... is there no way of talking to your landlord. I can access the site fine and I have never touched these controls, so not sure if the defaults have been changed with new accounts, but I think the only way to chance anything is via the main account holder.

assuming you can get no joy that way, you could always try going via a vpn.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ahh the dns thing... that explains why I could still look with childsafe enabled...

yes change your dns as apcyberax and all your problems will go away..

0 Kudos