Menu
magiccraft
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to disable Internet using Phone

Is there a way I can disable WAN using my phone? I want the connection to be available, but when you use the internet it does not work.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to disable Internet using Phone

Only way to do that would be to disconnect the coax cable? Why do you want to so this. If you can give us some more information we might be able to give some options.
0 Kudos
magiccraft
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't like taking the cable off, I want to do it via Mobile as it'll be easier for me to handle at times. I would like to do this to prevent my kids using internet at late nights. My friend knows how to do this, however I wasn't able to get contact with him recently.

0 Kudos
betterthanyours
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Whilst all devices are connected, identify which device is who's. In the router config, select each device and set parameters such as disallow, allow etc betwen x-y hours for each device
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This can be achieved using the "MAC Filtering" settings section in the advanced settings area of your SuperHub, Using this means you can set up a rule based on time to block rather than total block, Have a look and if you need more help let me know.

Merry Xmas

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sounds to me that your best bet would be to get your own router with parental controls on it. Then you can shut the internet off at certain times of day. Have a search around this board as there are numerous posts about this.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos