Menu
normanmrc
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How long until my upload speed is increased as promised from retentions?

Previously, for £32, I was receiving 5 upload speed (my focus) and 70 download speed, but I was offered-- as I intended to leave for BT (£27) who offered higher upload speed, 10, CHEAPER whilst sacrificing speed a little-- a 12 upload speed (HUZZAH, adequate finally) and 100 download speed as a new, updated package for £34. When will my upload speed (testing at 6 currently) be fully functional at  10 -12 as reassured would happen? Furthermore, it was confirmed, mainly the persuasive element, I could upgrade from 100 to 150 within 24 hours as a free upgrade (which I did with from 50 to 70)? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: How long until my upload speed is increased as promised from retentions?

With Virgin Media broadband, the upload speed is fixed and determined by the download speed.

If you are on the 100Mb download product, you are getting the correct 6Mb upload speed.

The only way to get a higher upload speed is to move to the 200Mb download product.

You have been misinformed or have misunderstood.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure what you've been offered if I'm being honest

VIVID 100 only has a 6Mbps download:

https://my.virginmedia.com/traffic-management/traffic-management-policy-thresholds.html

You'd need VIVID 200 to get a 12Mbps upload

Secondly if you've only just moved to VIVID 100, you wouldn't then qualify to move to VIVID 150. That is an offer that only applies to broadband tiers available over a year ago. Your previous broadband speed of 70Mbps was part of that offer as you would have had 50Mbps during the qualifying period.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
normanmrc
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I never misunderstood, I was taking these notes as we talked and I had them substantiate the numbers three times (which my partner will verify):

VM
£34.25 - 100 Download Speed - 10 Upload Speed- 12 month
£42.25, Installation Free - 200 Download Speed - 20 Upload Speed

Infinity Two - 19 to 20 - 12 Months, £44.9 + £20
Infinity One - 9 - 10 - 12 Months, £29.49

...So, I've been tricked...to pay £2 extra...FOR A CONTRACT that's manipulatively trapped me...for a 1 MEGABYE INCREASE TO MY UPLOAD SPEED AS WAS MY WHOLE DAMN INTENTION...REPEATEDLY SAID to TWO different people? Deceived over that as well? One I could've received higher for CHEAPER, too?!?!?!?!

0 Kudos
normanmrc
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What...? He lied over that as well? He said it'd be possible and refresh as a deal within 24 hours - what the hell? I am unbelievably furious right now, I am calling their support right now. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Please note that I did not say that you had misunderstood.

Given I only have your side of the situation, I said that you had either been misinformed or misunderstood. Note that I put misinformed first.

0 Kudos
normanmrc
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Am I able to cancel within 14 days without losing my internet wholly and abruptly as a serious consequence to any negotiation now? Or, have I basically been manipulated/trapped into this contract through deceit? I mean, I've been retained forcefully and manipulatively, apparently, as they've completely disregarded/misled over my repeatedly stated need/intention, very much infuriating me RIGHT NOW...and all I desired was a higher upload speed (substantial, not 1 MB from 5 to 6 for £2 EXTRA along with a CONTRACT) to better upload videos/stream/host servers/... Furthermore, I didn't mishear anything, but the second man did claim to not hear me too well repeatedly (which is nonsense, qualit/connection were PERFECT) to perhaps claim he misheard me as a cover?

Anyway, I called customer service, extremely angry, and they told me they'd call back in an hour as the correct upload speed (10 - 12), which is reportedly incorrect based on research (now) along with comments here, might need to be updated (how if it wasn't accurate?!?). 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Any new contract has a 14 day right to cancel.

For changes to existing services triggering that means you would revert back to the previous services, with the previous contract and any existing minimum period as appropriate.

normanmrc
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As my previous contract had finished and I wasn't bound to it, which enabled me to easily compare services, would it revert still and be free of any stipulation(s)? I'm worried *now* they've basically deceived me into an awful predicament whereby I must either accept a new contract or seek another provider (highly inconvenient, cheaper expenses aside). When I first spoke to Retentions, too, they advised me to call BT to request their upload rates, which I did to record, at my area - apparently /legally mandated/ by OfCom to be factual - to fully consider the option?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yes, you'd revert back to exactly what you had before.
0 Kudos