Menu
motorhomer1
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I use my own router with Hub 3 in modem mode

Hi, I am new to Virgin. I have 2 V6 tv boxes and the Hub 3 for broadband. I have a Plusnet Hub one ( a rebadged BT HH5). I know I connect the Hub 3 to the wan port on Hub one. What settings do I need to change on the hub one? I have looked at he config pages on hub one I cannot find any settings for NAT. Thanks

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I use my own router with Hub 3 in modem mode

Have you tried it - just Hub 3 to HH5 WAN port and not changing settings in the HH5? It should work. If not please factory reset the HH5 and try again. I have BT Infinity & a coule of Huawei modems; I attached a HH5 WAN port to the LAN1 port of the modem and it worked straight away; previously it had run off the HH5 alone - so no settings change was necessary.

I won't be in a position to try it on my VM setup for a couple of weeks.

Keep us posted.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
motorhomer1
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, No I haven't tried it yet. I was just getting any info I could. I will try it tomorrow all being well. When VM was installed a few days ago the engineer was not willing to put the virgin router in a bedroom upstairs at the back of the house where I wanted it.(best position to get wifi all over the house and in the back garden). This is why I want to use the plusnet router.

0 Kudos
motorhomer1
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have tried using my plusnet router "as is" and put the virgin router in modem mode. My plusnet router attempted to connect but kept asking for a username and password. I also tried a Sky hub but that would not connect either.

0 Kudos