Menu
John-PP
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do I get a website removed from the "Blacklist"?

I have been using a web site in my aviation hobby for many years. For some reason Virgin have decided to block it. All my other sites work ok and the same problem is on my LT that uses this server. The site is accessible on my friends PC`s that are not on Virgin. How do I get it unlocked.

The site is aerodata.org

Thanks for any help.

John

0 Kudos
g0hjq
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get a website removed from the "Blacklist"?

I don't suppose it's much help to you, but I've just tried that website from my own Virgin Internet connection in Manchester, and it works fine for me.

John-PP wrote:

I have been using a web site in my aviation hobby for many years. For some reason Virgin have decided to block it. All my other sites work ok and the same problem is on my LT that uses this server. The site is accessible on my friends PC`s that are not on Virgin. How do I get it unlocked.

The site is aerodata.org

Thanks for any help.

John

and it works fine for me.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get a website removed from the "Blacklist"?

if thats the site http://www.aerodata.org/ it works ok for me or at least i can see the first page - that would suggest itnot blocked by VM but the site has somehow blacklisted your ip address - this can happen if they have had problems and blacklisted a range of ip's

if thats the case you need to contact them to un-blacklist your ip

a quick check would be to put the SH into modem mode - that will change your ip addy - see if you can get into the site then - thats only temp as changing back to router mode will give you your original ip addy back

Tony
0 Kudos