Menu
Mrfoxes
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How do I get a replacement SuperHub ?

I am having issues with my WiFi service dropping out repeatedly throughout the day.  My son repeatedly informs me when this happens as he loses his game or audio - so far it has happened 6 times already this morning

I have a Super Hub - how can i obtain a current replacement ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get a replacement SuperHub ?

hiya @Mrfoxes welcome to the virginmedia community forum, what model of hub do you have, it will say on the sticker.. you could take a look at ->https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030... to see if this improves the wifi stability
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Mrfoxes
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul - it's a VMDG480 Super Hub if that means anything 

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrfoxes, may I suggest you get your own router, it takes a little bit of a basic setup but it will help solve your issues and you get to avoid the Hub 3 which will only cause your childrens gaming problems to get worse, it doesn't even need to the greatest of routers most of the ones you can buy will do a lot more then any Hub you can be given Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Mrfoxes
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I was thinking of using a power line or even a hard wired Ethernet cable - do you know if you could run an Ethernet cable outside and over a distance of up to 30 metres ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

yes you can run ethernet cables upto 100meters, if your running cables outside just need the proper outdoor ethernet cabling, since if virginmedia would be replacing the hub would be with a hub 3 that has some amount of issues..
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos