Menu
Woburn
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How can I get the Hub 3 router?

I've seen several screens on the Virgin account pages advertising how great the Hub 3 router is, but I cannot see anywhere how I can get one. I've been connected/upgraded to the Vivid 150, but my download speeds are still painfully slow.... My one/last hope is that perhaps the Hub 3 might help speed things up !!!!!!  Any suggestions welcome

0 Kudos
lucan07
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: How can I get the Hub 3 router?

Ring up ignore the usual which goes abroad to call centres choose thinking of leaving options speak to UK call centre tell them sick of the problems with your kit so you are going to leave. All it takes to have one despatched 2 business day delivery! 2 minute call with 10minute wait to connect!

0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you have the SH2AC stick with what you have, at least until the bugs in the Hub 3 are fixed
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

getting replacement hub does give a bit better in wifi speeds but no by much, if your having a slow connection using a hub 2 I would be checking to see what is going on, first would be to check the signal levels by going to http://192.168.0.1 clicking router status top right [no need to login] and if could copy/paste the downstream, upstream, network log here don't worry about the formatting we can easily read it.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Where have you seen it say the hub 3 is great xD it's the worst router I've come across.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Few people on here will praise the Hub 3, though I will based on a year's experience coming theough the various firmware releases. People on the forums mainly have something to complain about; so there is a skew.

Careful scrutiny of the Hub 3 threads will tell you what still needs fixing and you need to judge of those issues would affect you.

The VM bods when they get to this thread in a week or so will check whether or not there is congestion in your area, which would explain poor download speeds. They will also check the information you provide under Paul's advice and will directly look at logs inside the hub that you have.

The Hub 3 is a credible device; wireless propagation is a challenge not because of the Hub, but because of house construction and distance that has to be penetrated by a WiFi signal. So speed tests right next to the hub, or wired are the only guide that matters in respect of circuit performance.

Do please keep us posted on your progress.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Woburn,

I'm in agreement with paultechy on this. I think I it makes sense to see if any network or other issues are affecting the connection first.

My tests reveal high upstream power levels - though there is no issue on the upstream network segment so this would appear to have a localised cause. I'd like to arrange for an engineer visit so please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and we'll get an appointment scheduled in.

We'll see how that visit goes and then take things from there Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos