Menu
hanley85
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Homeplugs disrupting network

Hi all,

having had issues for the last month or so with my internet connection, I've been doing some trouble shooting and come to a rather confusing (to me at least) conclusion. When My home plug's (tp link tl-pa451) are connected to my superhub 3 I have all sorts of issues. My wireless network disconnects or timeouts constantly. I have issues getting to the routers landing page, it claim's my password is unrecognized and I ended up having to perform hard resets to get back in. Whilst performing speed tests I get frequent ''network communication issues'' and similarly incomplete results with the diagnostic tool on here.

Disconnected the router from the homeplug and we get an instant improvement. Run a speed test repeatedly with it in where it fails to complete consistently and completes at good speeds with it removed, to the point I'm convinced this is where the problem lies.

So at this point, I'm thinking something's gone pop in one of the home plugs and decide to try with each one separately to see if I can identify which one needs replacing, except it happens with both. I've tried new cables, no joy, same result. Connected laptop to the router via ethernet to see if that disturbs the wireless connection similarly, it doesn't.

Completely at a loss as to what's going on here, I'd been using these fine for 8 months or so connecting the superhub to an upstairs router for wireless coverage across the house with absolutely no issues.

Any advice or insight greatly appreciated, bunk superhub or both home plugs breaking at the same time?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
hanley85
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Homeplugs disrupting network

Managed to solve this problem, thought I'd update for the reference of others.

Did a factory reset on the home plugs, upgraded the firmware and re-paired them and all is well again.

0 Kudos

All Replies
hanley85
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Managed to solve this problem, thought I'd update for the reference of others.

Did a factory reset on the home plugs, upgraded the firmware and re-paired them and all is well again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi hanley85,

I'm ever so sorry that we didn't reach your earlier post sooner, we weren't ignoring you Smiley Happy

But thank you for posting an update as your fix may be of help to someone else in a similar situation. Thus I'll mark your update as a Helpful Answer so it will show in any Forum searches on the subject.

Do please come back to us if you need help with anything else and we'll try to respond to you in a more timely manner.

All the best Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos