Menu
howie71taylor
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Home wi-fi connection to my Samsung J5 phone drops frequently

Hi all,

Over the past week, my Samsung Galaxy J5 mobile phone hasn't been retaining the connection to my home Wi-Fi whereas previously it has been. I have rebooted and reset the Virgin Media Super Hub, arranged for Virgin Media to send some "signals" to the Super Hub too plus I have updated the software on the phone. 

Other devices in my house connect and stay connected without any problems so it doesn't appear to be a problem with the Super Hub. Also, my phone connects and stays connected to other Wi-Fi networks so again there doesn't seem to be an obvious problem with the phone.

I was wondering whether upgrading to the latest Super Hub (version 3 is it?) might help but 'm unsure what to try next.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Howie

0 Kudos
McElwain
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home wi-fi connection to my Samsung J5 phone drops frequently

Hi Howie,

I have been having the exact same issue with my phone it drops frequently, i have an iphone 5c and believe the hub is the latest one so not sure that would make a difference to you.

Also the same as you i have updated the phone and restarted the router and restored it to factory defaults, i've taken every reasonable step with the phone and it still drops my wifi at my uni house, i even went home to test it there and it was fine for the 2-3 days i was there but came home within 20 mins bam it dropped wifi.

All the other devices i have here stay connected fine but as with you my phone gets disconnected which is terrible and shouldn't be happening.

Any help in resolving this issue would be appreciated.

Cheers and sorry Howie wasn't trying to steal your thread just feel the issue we have is the same Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
howie71taylor
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks for your post. Reassuring to know I am not the only person having this issue. Perhaps VM can identify and remedy the problem we're having. H
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi howie71taylor,

Apologies for the disconnection issue you have. 
I am unable to locate your Hub details at the moment so please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) with the requested information and I'll test your connection from here.

In the meantime I wonder what wireless frequency your Samsung connects on, 2.4GHz or 5GHz? And are the other devices connected to the same? Might be worth changing the wireless channel to see if that helps.

Looking forward to your reply so we can investigate further Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos