Menu
90Ninety
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hitron CGNV4 port forwarding

Hi

I am trying to manually create port forwarding for a Cloud NAS  .  The Cloud NAS  by default utilises  UPNP port forwarding , On paper the Hitron does have uPNP but, this is not working .

I have  since been advised that the NAS  requires  port forwarding manually , the NAS requires port 8080, I have followed the guide but the ports are still not open 

Guide followed is here: Hitron port forward Guide 

I have given the NAS a static IP ( within the NAS settings ) and I have also reserved the internal IP within the Hitron DHCP table .

The  NAS does connect to the internet but I am still unable to remotely access the NAS web based  services , due to the ports not being open .

Anyone have an idea why the ports are not opening ? I am checking port status with a web based tester

0 Kudos
90Ninety
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hitron CGNV4 port forwarding

For the record 

I have two QNAP Cloud NAS boxes , one for business and one for home . I have the  Home Media QANP NAS (TS-451) at home , with a Broadband connection from SSE .  The SSE comes with a technicolor/ thomson TG589vac router ,  the Cloud services work perfectly on the NAS at home - with no configuration or messing around with the router . I have a simple file sync which allows me to save documents quickly to my NAS without opening a web page

We have a Hitron CGNV4 Virgin installation at our work premises , when first installed it struggled with a Fixed IP so we have since gone to dynamic IP . THe internet from VM has been faultless , I give them their due the internet speed and stability is fantastic . However I struggled for a few days now trying to get the QNAP Cloud Nas at work , accessible through the internet . I have tried , the following router options ;  manual port forwarding , creating fixed (reserved) IP table , Rescoping DHCP , turning off firewall .   When adding a port forward rule , the ports just will not open , I have checked on a web based port tester - I partly suspect this could be potentially causing the issue . 

While trying to access the web based services of the NAS drive at work , I am re-directed to the Virgin router log in page 

0 Kudos
90Ninety
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As shown within the snip below , the port is forwarded on the router config 

Port 8080 ForewardedPort 8080 Forewarded

I have then run a test through a browser , which reports that the port is not open 

port foreward proof1.PNG

0 Kudos
90Ninety
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Allegedly The Hitron supports uPNP (as shown in snip )  , this in theory should then open the ports automatically . I have tested this with other routers and they work without configuration .

UPNP enabledUPNP enabled

However According to the Cloud NAS - there is no UPNP router found on the network ( as shown ) and none of the ports are open 

no UPNP found.PNG

0 Kudos
Smahon
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi just seeing if this was solved using a wd cloud nas and a app to access it but this week had this router fitted and it all stopped virgin said turn on the upnp which it was but still no joy don't no how to port Forward to except apps to work... Help would be great.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Smahon,

I think this thread is dedicated to Virgin Media's business Hub. But your Super Hub supports port forwarding, please click on the below link and follow the instructions contained:
Setting up port forwarding on your Super Hub

If you are still having problems please post an update on this forum detailing what's happening and we'll do our best to support you.

Welcome to our Community by the way, nice to have you join us Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos