Menu
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Superusers!

Hi guys, any news on a firmware update for the Hub3? Wanting to upgrade my connection but I ain't budging from my Gamer profile on the SH2AC until the horrendous lag spikes are fixed Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hey Superusers!

deviousiphone wrote:
ahh ok I wondered if they had anything in the pipeline being as all other ISP's in America etc have released there fix to those effected, although I did already know virgin would always come in last Smiley Tongue

VM/CPE Firmware/New Products/R&D always have something in the pipeline but conversely are always playing "their cards close to their collective chest".    Even if we get "head's up"  on forthcoming new firmware release then we don't typically  get any comprehensively detailed "Change/release" notes upfront despite our frequent requests even while it's being tested or worse even after release! 

For example SH3 9.1.116v  was available for trialling much earlier in 2016 before subsequently released across UK regions from late 2016 to early2017 and even then when a fellow SU released details of the "fixes" (in good faith to aid the community) our colleague was immediately banned for the disclosure despite the firmware itself being publicly released and consequently community asking for same info when experiencing various "issues"!.

However since LG parent company have several ISP's including VM using basic Arris Hub (TG2492 with appropriate country/ISP overlays) then we can only speculate on how much additional internal company admin/test time it will take for the Intel fix and basic Arris firmware to be merged with all remaining ISP/country options (and outstanding bugs on VM version)?

Equally speculative is that previous history of Hub models have resulted in each being left with some outstanding "issues" and perceived protracted delays in firmware fixes have been result of newer hardware being subsequently released.  Pure conjecture on my part of course! Smiley Tongue

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If/When any of SU's are invited to pre-test firmware before general release/rollout then invariably we can't disclose any useful details until usually Community Lead/Manager/Trials Rep has made a formal announcement.

There's also no guarantee that any let alone all SU's will even have early awareness of public release in advance anyway. In past we sometimes have had several f/w versions for months, sometimes only a few weeks and sometimes a new version has been released before Trials coordinator has been informed!

Sorry - but do feel free to re-post any speculative rumours as it's always a humorous diversion...... Smiley Tongue

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ahh ok I wondered if they had anything in the pipeline being as all other ISP's in America etc have released there fix to those effected, although I did already know virgin would always come in last Smiley Tongue
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

deviousiphone wrote:

VM/CPE Firmware/New Products/R&D always have something in the pipeline but conversely are always playing "their cards close to their collective chest".    Even if we get "head's up"  on forthcoming new firmware release then we don't typically  get any comprehensively detailed "Change/release" notes upfront despite our frequent requests even while it's being tested or worse even after release! 

For example SH3 9.1.116v  was available for trialling much earlier in 2016 before subsequently released across UK regions from late 2016 to early2017 and even then when a fellow SU released details of the "fixes" (in good faith to aid the community) our colleague was immediately banned for the disclosure despite the firmware itself being publicly released and consequently community asking for same info when experiencing various "issues"!.

However since LG parent company have several ISP's including VM using basic Arris Hub (TG2492 with appropriate country/ISP overlays) then we can only speculate on how much additional internal company admin/test time it will take for the Intel fix and basic Arris firmware to be merged with all remaining ISP/country options (and outstanding bugs on VM version)?

Equally speculative is that previous history of Hub models have resulted in each being left with some outstanding "issues" and perceived protracted delays in firmware fixes have been result of newer hardware being subsequently released.  Pure conjecture on my part of course! Smiley Tongue

Regards Tony