Menu
Stu7256
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Help

Just got wifi and having issues. 1. Can't get sonos system. 2. Signal around the house is shocking.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help

Hi Stu7256,

Welcome to Virgin Media and welcome to our Community, glad you've found us Smiley Happy

Sorry about your WiFi issues but we'll do what we can to help.

I have run some diagnostic tests against your connection and it's all looking very healthy.

I would like to provide you with a couple of links to our Help articles, which should prove useful for any wireless setup queries (just click on the link then click on the Hub 3 icon):

Let me if know if they help. If not please explain what is not working for you. In which way is Sonos failing to connect, is it not detecting your wireless network or is the wireless password not accepted? 
Please provide as much information as you can and I'll do what I can.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Stu7256
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jen
Thank you so much for getting back, really surprised but thankful. The wifi is not picking up the sonos systems at all, I've tried through Ethernet but still no joy. Also, bought 3 wifi extenders but again not picking these up. My son has his Xbox in the okay room, but on the same flor and the readings and signal is shocking. Could you please help as I said this is the best internet and he's 14 and fuming on me. Stu
0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Extenders are a waste of money in most cases. The best WiFi extension solution is WiFi enabled Powerline Adapters. I use them in both my houses; they also provide an Ethernet outlet (or two in the better models).

That said, does anything in the thread linked below help?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/super-hub-3-and-sonos/m-p/3152202/highli...

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
vircom
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I use several Devolo Powerlines for Ethernet connection and to provide a wireless access​ point. They are not the cheapest but work fine in my house over 2 ring mains.

I used a wifi analyser app on an android pad to solve a clash with my neighbours wifi, but the app I used will not show interference from other devices

However if your Sonos will not pick up a wired Ethernet connection I doubt that wifi is your only problem. Have you tried a reboot of the router and Sonos?
0 Kudos