Menu
koali23
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help with Wifi-booster please!

Hi all, I have just joined VM from Talk-talk internet. I have been using a TP-LINK TL-WA850RE universal Wi-Fi Range Extender to boost my old signal as I am unable to get a connection upstairs due to what my house is made out of.

There was no problem with the range extender connecting with the Talk-Talk however when I tried to connect to my new Virgin Hub 3.0 it does not get a signal upstairs in the exact same place I was using it! I have reset the range extender and I think I have done everything I can but to no avail. 

I've heard that Virgin bought Netgear and maybe thats why it isn't working, should I just buy a Netgear device and give up with my TP-Link? 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
koali23
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with Wifi-booster please!

Quick reply to my problem...my internet has connected to the range extender after a couple of days, however the signal is very weak and it wasn't before, any advice?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear that this has now connected for you koali23,

Our equipment has been tested with Netgear, however, this does not mean that other brands will not work with ours.

I recommend adjusting your wireless settings in order to get the best out of this particular connection.

I'd also like to take a further look into this for you and test the equipment from my end.

I've sent you a private message so that we can chat about this some more.

Speak to you soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wi-Fi range extenders are not a great idea as you are finding out.  They rely on receiving a decent signal from the hub / router and even then, due to the half-duplex nature of Wi-Fi you will get reduced operating speeds.

Powerline Adapters, although generally more expensive, are far more effective.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Devolo-Powerline-Starter-Adapter-Extender/dp/B00OZDO8RE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos