Menu
MattyBenich
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Help changing IP

So for the past couple of weeks I found my IP being discovered by multiple please in a small community i manage. Later on it appears they aquired my IP through a database which was hacked and leaked onlinr (used as an account resolver). Now im experiencing threats on a day to day basis and blackouts with my internet lasting a few hours daily. Ive contacted virgin twice. One telling me over the phone that itll refresh in a couple of days (but mine has stayed the exact same since i joined) while someone else telling me to just give up and to report them via the VM site which only allows me to report attackers with the same network as me..m anyway ive been redirected here now so i really do hope something can be done as this is getting tedious
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help changing IP

Hi MattyBenich,

From what you're reporting it sounds as though these malicious individuals may be the cause of DDOS attacks. If that's the case then your Hub's firewall logs should show some interesting information - would you please post them on here?

But, for the sake of caution, I wonder if there may not perhaps be some more innocent reason for your loss of Internet? Your connection is testing out fine right now, but if you let me know when the most recent period of loss was I can check historical data to see what I can find.

And yes, VM's netreport form can only be used if the perpetrator of an Internet related incident is also one of our customers. Otherwise more serious Internet crimes/fraud can be reported to the police via ActionFraud.

With regards to your WAN IP address - even though it's dynamic rather than static it is unlikely to be released for use by another subscriber. You could enable modem mode on your Hub which will ensure a new IP is allocated, but reverting back to router mode means you'll invariably pick up your previous IP. 

Anyhow, please get those Hub logs when are able and I'll see what I can do.

• Type 192.168.0.1 into your browser
  • Navigate to the Hub login page > advanced settings > logs > firewall logs

Bye for now Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos