Menu
yupowert
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Having to Reboot SHub2 frequently/sometimes daily to restore stable BB

A request for VM support engineer to look at my BB connection.

My SHub2 is frequently crashing, sometimes daily - this is a device crash rather than just bad internet connection  - a symptom is that the SHub2 homepage 192.168.0.1 becomes unresponsive.

At this point is fails to maintain a BB connection, and keeps connecting/disconnecting itself to recover - but to no avail until its rebooted (power cable out/5 secs/power cable in)

Can someone please look to see what needs to be done next.

Many thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
ianrobo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Having to Reboot SHub2 frequently/sometimes daily to restore stable BB

I posted this on another thread and no one answered, I am having eXACTLY the same problem whereas my 2G is perfectly stable, I keep having to enable/renable my 5G connection.

My Superhub is 

Super Hub Version

Software Version "V1.01.31"
Hardware Version 3.11

What I seem to find is that I have this problem whilst connected to my Express VPN and I have to ask is this deliberate to stop using VPN's now this govt has decreed that VM has to be big brother ? 

Anyone else seen this and can comment ? 

Steve do you use a VPN, this also a problem with my cisco VPN from work.

0 Kudos
yupowert
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No, I don't think my problem is related to yours - I'm not using a wireless connection - mine is a cable SuperHub2. I'm not using VPN.

I think you should start your own thread to register your issue.

0 Kudos
yupowert
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I Can now add some more information. Over the last week - while I was away from home, I ran a continuous Ping Plot to the SH2. It shows a remarkable linear slowdown in ping response time over a 48hr period:

PingPlotter - VM1-crop.png.

You can also see that the Jitter increases as time goes on, indicating an increasingly unstable router - this is typically caused by either a memory leak, buffer overflow, or looped process.

Then all of a sudden, the modem falls over in a definitive way:

PingPlotter - VM2-crop.png.

the modem is now completely unstable, and all internet connections have failed. This continues for several days until I got back home:

PingPlotter - VM3-crop.png.

I think it's fairly obvious that I hard rebooted via the power plug at 15:50 

Now I've been back for a day, I've had to reboot the modem twice since - obviously internet use accelerates this trip up overload failure.

Now I've proved the fault is with the router, and that it happens I need to have someone at VM do some tests in send me a new Router Preferably a SH3 to circumnavigate the possibility that this is a problem with the SH2 with my setup (I have a network of up to 50 devices connected to it)

0 Kudos
Strathclyde
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've been having similar problems over the last week or so (including this morning).

The Superhub lights look extremely busy, but internet connection disappears.  Rebooting sometimes is enough to correct it, but not always (it didn't at first this morning).

The only previous trouble I've had with my fibre connection (which I've had since the Telewest days) has been flooding-twice only-  at the fibre distribution box in my road.   The torrential rain of the last few days might have caused this again.

I managed to initiate a broadband test from my office, and this has thrown up "issues". But before getting round to calling the engineer, it has fixed itself (as a retest informed me).   

The other suspicion I have is that I have a Sky+Box connected, and THAT has had regular problems of late. It gets itself into a loop, which crashes the Sky box,after complaining it has lost  broadband connectivity. I suspect the Sky box is sometimes trying to download a lot of items at once, and timeouts on the various feeds cause the Sky box to constantly reset the broadband connection.

On top of that, I have a Vodafone "Sure Signal" - the only way I can get a Vodafone mobile signal in my house, since Vodafone weakened the local mast power. It too seems to get itself into a loop.  The Sure Signal can eat a LOT of bandwidth- up to 50% of my 100Mbit connection.

My bottom line feeling is that ALL of the above factors can come into play, and the superhub just can't cope.

0 Kudos
yupowert
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You seem to have a particular set of circumstances - not related to my issue.

I think you should start a new thread for your particular problems. The more topic threads that contain individuals separate problems, then the more likely something will be done about it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Morning yupowert,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to see you are having issues with your broadband connection.

In regards to this issue, I would like to send you a replacement router as I believe this is faulty. I've sent you a PM with some details for you to confirm please, which you will find by clicking on the purple envelope icon in the right corner.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
yupowert
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha,

Many thanks for your proposed solution

I've PM'd you with the relevant details.

Cheers

Steve

0 Kudos