Menu
2ask
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Had problem internet connection. Rec'd call saying they BTOpenreach and they could fix. Is this normal?

Received tel call purporting to be from BTOpenreach. sounded like o'seas call centre. My husband followed instructions as I couldn't get to the phone. The internet was in fact restored but I got suspicious that they would try to sell something or get access to my details so I declined to continue - they seemed to threaten that if we didn't follow instructions our internet would go down again. My question is "Would BTOpenreach contact us directly when our IP service is with Virgin?

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Had problem internet connection. Rec'd call saying they BTOpenreach and they could fix. Is this norma

I can think of no reason why Openreach should contact you if you are solely a VM customer.  What I don't quite follow is how they knew you had a 'problem internet connection' unless you initiated a call to someone or was it the case that they cold-called you saying you had a problem in which case it is clearly a scam.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos