Menu
Ian003
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

HUB 3 SWAP

Does anyone know if Virgin Media would swap my 3 month old Hub 3 for the older Hub2?

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 3 SWAP

Hi Ian003,

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy

Currently we don't do this unless there is a specific reason. Why were you wanting to revert back to the Superhub 2? 

Let us know and we'll see what we can do Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ian003
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Cath. I have heard the hub 2 had good access control on it. I have tried mac filtering on the hub 3 but when i try it either doesnt work or in one instance, it blocked everyone. I already have a 2nd hand hub 2 but Virgin wouldnt connect me up & said I have to use the hub 3 they supplied. Not having access control is a major problem for me in my house hold. I am hoping Virgin can sort this for me.
Thank you
Ian
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Ian,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear that you're unable to use your Hub as you'd need.

The 2nd hand Superhub you mentioned, is this one of your old ones, or did you get it from someone else? There's a chance we could reactivate it if it was yours to begin with, but if someone gave it to you, it'll be linked to their account and won't be able to be moved to yours.

Hope to hear back from you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Ian003
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather, someone gave it to me as I think they went to a different service provider. Is there any chance I can swap my Hub 3 for a Hub 2 supplied from you?
Thanks
Ian
0 Kudos
omendata
Superfast
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It seems even Virgin engineers dont know that the Superhub 3.0 has a severe CPU problem!

Here you go!

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/7582-virgin-media-superhub-3-may-be-superbad-after-intel-issue-id...

0 Kudos
Ian003
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Omendata. Hopefully virgin will send me a hub 2
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ian003

Thanks for getting back to us.

I'm very sorry but we are now only supplying the Hub 3's to our customers and when replacing older hubs due to faults these too are being replaced with Hub 3's.

The other hub you have as it was never assigned to you as a customer cannot be activated on your account Smiley Sad

My apologies about this.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Ian003
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I should have looked at reviews prior to switching from my old supplier. Hopefully Virgin will sort the software issue out before my contract is up for renewal in 7 months.
Thanks again
Ian.
0 Kudos