Menu
Davecara
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Green WiFi light flashing permanently?

About a week ago the wifi light on our router started flashing constantly.

I havent noticed as much as I'm not home during the day, but; the wifi drops out intermittently

My daughter watches netflix when she gets home from school and that'll stop in the middle of what shes watching and my wife's mobile bill just came through and shes used a ton of data where she should have been on wifi on the house! (and before the pessimists chime in, I've checked it out and its all facebook etc use while shes around the home)

Any ideas?

I'm sure I've read somewhere its a known firmware fault but I rang customer services earlier and the girl I spoke to, as helpful as she tried to be couldn't really give me an answer and did a remote reset on it and asked me to give it a few days, but the flashing green light in front of me is getting bloody annoying!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Green WiFi light flashing permanently?

Hi Davecara,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with the wireless connection.

I've taken a look at your account for any issues, the line and hub have come back as fine. The network segment is running stable and healthy which is good.

With the wireless light flashing and being intermittent this could be due to interference and you can try to change the wireless channel to try improve the connection.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Davecara
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

About 10 minutes after you posted the flashing light went off and its stayed off touch wood. Speed has been woeful the past few weeks though
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Davecara,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm glad the flashing of the wireless light has stopped, that's good as I can imagine that was quite annoying.

With the broadband speeds, have you tried a speed test through a wired connection at all? If so what speeds do you achieve? Does this happen at all times of the day?

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Davecara
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/5827646460

34mg down 12mg up

about 166mg away from what i was sold!

I've got no wired connections in the house to be honest but that's why I've got the uber super duper hub?

Netflix currently buffering on my smart tv and unable to watch anything.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us about this Davecara,

I've checked the account this evening and I have been unable to detect any issues via the equipment levels or network segment.

I can, however, see that the wireless channels currently utilised have a high potential for congestion. I'd definitely recommend changing these in order to improve this type of connection.

You can determine the least congested channels to utilise via WiFi analyser type applications.

Thanks again,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos