Menu
Maccai3
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Getting hourly dropouts

My connection (wireless and wired) keeps dropping out for a minute or so every hour, i've contacted Virgin 3 times and they have really not been very helpful at all.  They were pretty much ignoring the information i gave them and told me to hard reset my router.

This is the error message i got for it

http://textuploader.com/ddxuf

It seemingly doesn't get a new IP lease quick enough if that makes sense

0 Kudos
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting hourly dropouts

It s

Maccai3 wrote:

My connection (wireless and wired) keeps dropping out for a minute or so every hour, i've contacted Virgin 3 times and they have really not been very helpful at all.  They were pretty much ignoring the information i gave them and told me to hard reset my router.

This is the error message i got for it

http://textuploader.com/ddxuf

It seemingly doesn't get a new IP lease quick enough if that makes sense

It sounds like you are getting the 60 minute lease expiry, you need to log in to your modem and check the "device status" in the advanced settings option, Look at your lease expiry time to confirm, Normaly it should be a 7 day lease but some users in WN1-7 areas are getting 60minute leases, I have managed to get my issue raised to Tier 2 Techs who have monitored my connection and have seen the issue and have now raised it with Networking team so still waiting for a solution.

Could you tell me what area you are in and also does your WAN ip address begin with 86 ? as Networking seem to think it is a bad group address in that range but when the lease expires we are not getting a new ip address and the cycle continues, Please report it and be firm that you would like to speak to Technical Dept.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Maccai3
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes the lease runs out in 27 minutes which is when i get the disconnect, also it does start 86xxxx and i'm in WN7

0 Kudos
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Maccai3 wrote:

Yes the lease runs out in 27 minutes which is when i get the disconnect, also it does start 86xxxx and i'm in WN7

Please report it again as more people that do will hopefully force action. I know its frustrating trying to convince them but once you get past non tech folk they are really helpfull the level 2 guys also tell them that there is a "open case" on record already.

0 Kudos
Maccai3
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm on the phone now, thankyou for your help, it gets annoying being told to reset your router over and over

0 Kudos
Uncle--Fester
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting the same, waist of time ringing Virgin, just keep getting same as new "reset router"

have you tried the "run test" 

Thats another waist of time, never get any results always same rubbish.

I'm moving house soon and will be ditching Virgin for good because when you get a problem they can never solve it. 

Maccai3
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just off the phone, got through to the technical team in Swansea and the guy said he'll be working on it himself and phone me back, i'll keep you all updated when i know anything.

0 Kudos
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Maccai3 wrote:

Just off the phone, got through to the technical team in Swansea and the guy said he'll be working on it himself and phone me back, i'll keep you all updated when i know anything.

Thats good news then, Likewise when i hear back will let you know.

0 Kudos
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Merry Xmas to all, It appears that Virgin have sorted the 60 min lease expiry now, I now have a 7 day lease so hopefully it is sorted for everybody Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Maccai3
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

im still getting them but they are far less frequent

0 Kudos