Menu
GailJen
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Getting engineers appointment a sham

We've had an area issue for over 24 hours which has now been fixed, however has left me with no broadband and Virgin think it's acceptable to make me wait till 20th for an engineers visit.

0 Kudos
GailJen
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting engineers appointment a sham

To infuriate me further, there is a section on the website to re-arrange appointment, this shows nearer appointments, however when I got to book it advises me to call up, they then tell me that an appointment needs 41 points 🙄?? And the slot left is only 40 OMG!!

They also have slots before 12pm then one after, totally over 41 points however they can't join these up, talk about think outside the box Virgin...oh and that only seem to answer tweets when it praising them...long and short of it is, they can do what the hell they like as t&c's advises they only need to have it repaired by 28 days..Merry Christmas Virgin..Not!!

can I please swop my new Badge for an engineer please????????????????

Just a quick note to say here's a new badge for all that you do in the Virgin Media Community.

0 Kudos
GailJen
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is this in the wrong section or doesn't anyone from Virgin read or reply on these forums🙄?? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi GailJen, 

Thanks for the post! I am terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused by your loss of connection issues.

I have tried to test your connection from here, however I was unable to locate your details via your forum account. In order to proceed with diagnostics I will require some information from you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with diagnostics, please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
GailJen
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Adam for your reply. 

All is well now, the original area outage was caused by our outside cables being damaged, the engineers decided to cut me off to remove the noise that was going down the line for other customers, which was fine, however they didn't feel the need to advise me or anyone at Virgin so an engineer could be booked quickly so after a lot of let's say (kicking off) virgin managed to bring my appointment forward to 14th. The poor engineer that was sent had to cancel all his jobs for the rest of the day as he had not been advised how big the job would be.

i just hope that virgin can think about changing their engineers procedure when they cut a customer off as my experience has been awful. 

0 Kudos