Menu
mpatt
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Getting SuperHub 2 to Email network and firewall logs.

Hi, 

I recently had a Superhub2 installed and on the Advanced screen it seemingly allows you to set it up to Email the network and firewall logs. I've tried entering the details (destination Email, smtp server, smtp username, smtp password) of both my Gmail smtp server and virginmedia smtp server, but the hub never seems to be able to Email me the logs, it just reports "E-Mail - E-Mail Send Failed."

Has anyone successfully done this? Is there a trick to setting it up?

TIA,

Martyn

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting SuperHub 2 to Email network and firewall logs.

Hi Martyn,

As far as I'm aware this option should work fine. 

What were the exact settings you used? Please post them but firstly edit out your email address.

I would also advise a factory reset of your Hub just in case a glitch is causing this.

Keep us updatedSmiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
mpatt
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Settings are as below, the username  & password are the ones I use to send Email through that smtp server. I've also verified that the smtp server is reachable on port 465 from my network, but there's nothing in the superhub setup to configure or show which port is being used.

Screenshot_2016-08-09_16-10-25.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi mpatt,

Our test of this resulted in mail being successfully sent. Did you attempt a factory reset?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
theoklink
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

March 2017 - I am having the same problem as the thread above. All set up correctly, never receive an email. I seems to have a lot of virgin drop outs so would like to see if these events register in the logs. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello the oklink,

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear you're unable to receive email reports at the moment. Did Jen's advice above of performing a factory reset help at all?

Please get back to us so we can continue to investigate,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cloudman71
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I recently had similar issues - to send to GMAIL (configured with two factor authentication), I tried generating an app password as alluded to at https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833 and set SMTP server as smtp.gmail.com, but couldnt get this to work, instead it seems like I need to use smtp.virginmedia.com and authenticate using virginmedia mail account settings. I guess this makes sense given VirginMedia moved away from hosting email on the GMAIL platform some time back. (I didnt try factory reset, but Im reasonably happy as is works using auth details for VM's smtp server). 

0 Kudos