Menu
SNORT
Joining in
Message 1 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Getting MAC Filtering to work on Super Hub 3

So I have been with Virgin for like three months now, and they provided me with one of these lovely looking Super Hub 3.

Ideally I would like to prevent certain devices connecting to the internet after a certain time at nights; which I understand is an outstanding issue.  So I thought maybe I can add all of my devices to the MAC filtering list and then manually remove and add back in the two devices that I want to control until the issue is fixed in firmware.

I must be totally dumb but as soon as I add one MAC address to the MAC filtering list, every single device is blocked from internet access.  

Does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong?  Can I use the IP Filtering functionality instead?  If so, how do I make use of that as it seems too complicated and cannot get that to work either.

Pulling my hair out....!

Tags (4)
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting MAC Filtering to work on Super Hub 3

Nothing but the rain...

0 Kudos
blackslaine
Dialled in
Message 3 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Check out my tutorial on YT. It's not the most professional but it is honest and as best as I can manage, impartial. It will send you in the right direction, I am putting a tut explaining exactly this this week too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU9psdnyLJY

Hope it helps.
0 Kudos
SNORT
Joining in
Message 4 of 25
Flag for a moderator

That is a pretty professional and impressive tut if you ask me!  Nice one!

0 Kudos
blackslaine
Dialled in
Message 5 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much, I dont seem to get updated when anyone posts so apologies for my delayed reply.
0 Kudos
SnoopyMegaDaddy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Currently this is a known bug. The MAC and IP Address filtering don't work at version 116V. Virgin are aware of this and working on it but it will probably not be fixed until after Christmas as I've not heard anything yet and these things can take time.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
tkdsouth
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 25
Flag for a moderator

The Mac Filtering is still not working does any one have any information why?
I was using it on the Shub2, but yesterday we were upgarded to H3 as H2 started to fail (it was pretty old).
Now notning works and i keep having to log in each time i am trying to change a setting.
0 Kudos
Seanie118
Joining in
Message 8 of 25
Flag for a moderator

Nope. I have the same issue. Apparently there is supposed to be a fix coming out for it and a patch has been promised for some time now. As my hub still has the same software version that it did when it was first installed 5 months ago (9.1.116V) I am probably right in assuming that a fix has not been sorted yet.

It's very frustrating as you could do this on the superhub 2, and all the functionality is there on the interface on the HUb 3.0, but it simply doesn't work-filtered devices can still connect to the internet. A complete pain when you have two teenage daughters addicted to their smartphones and you want to restrict their access.

0 Kudos
tkdsouth
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 25
Flag for a moderator

I have just got of the phone to VM, after being bumped around for nearly 40 minutes to 4 different people the tech guy said there is no issue with the HUB3 and no update is coming.....

I then told him to read his own forums and see there is an issue the same issue I'm complaining to him about whilst on the phone.

I told him to google "HUB 3 mac filtering problems" I told him if I know about it google knows about it and VM forums know about it why doesn't he know anything about it.

He put me on hold then. Spoke to a colleague and came back and said yes there is a problem they are working on it. He cannot give me a time though?

I am very disappointed that they try to deny a problem then say there is a problem but cannot give a time to fix!!
SH3user
Dialled in
Message 10 of 25
Flag for a moderator

It will all be over by Christmas? That phrase was used 100 years ago!