Menu
Deyan
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Geo Content Restriction

Hello,

I have my Bulgarian TV box connected to  Superhub 3 with an Ethernet cable in order to stream the packet of  channels in my payment plan.The problem  I have is that some channels are missing. I think the problem is with the IP address,which causes some kind of a restriction.I decided to try and connect my smartphone to the router and the channels were still missing. Then I installed a VPN client on the smartphone and it changed the original IP to another,which was located in Manchester. Once I did this,i had no problems and all missing channels became available.The TV box is an android device,connected straight to the router,so I can't use a VPN to do the same steps as on my smartphone. I called the support team and after my call being forwarded to 3 different people,I was finally told that IP can't be changed and they can't help me any further. I asked why there are missing channels and are there any geo content restrictions caused by the IP address or any settings that were initially set? I didn't receive a good explanation,so this is why I post my question here. Has anyone encountered such problems or does someone know if this is an IP related issue or something else causes the problem. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Geo Content Restriction

Without knowing the details of the box, service being used and who you are paying the subscription to, youll not be able to receive any support here...

In any case its an issue for the provider of the IPTV service. If you are paying for a service and they are blocking your IP based on either the geolocation information , or any other reason, its up to THEM to unblock the IP, provided you are within the TOS.

VM dont know (or care) what data is coming down your connection from the service, so they are not blocking it. Its irrelevant what your IP is, or what the geolocation info for that IP is (which is not VM's responsibility anyway), if you are paying a legitimate subscription, it needs unblocked by your provider.

0 Kudos