Menu
Arthur_Rudge
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

GENIUS NEEDED! - HUB.3 New Port Forwarding Problem :(

Hello

I've been port forwarding for years as i work in the CCTV industry.

Having big problems with these new Superhub.3 Routers, never got one to forward correctly.

Example

Customer previously used Superhub.1 with the following settings for port forwarding for a DVR so cameras can be viewed on a mobile app. 

Name : CCTV
Port Range : 37777 to 37777
Protocol : TCP
IP Address : 192.168.0.7
No option to set local port but 80 was used by the DVR.

WORKS PERFECTLY!

Customer is upgraded to Supehub.3, the following settings for port forwarding are set :

Local Port Range : 80 to 80
External Port Range : 37777 to 37777
Protocol : TCP
IP : 192.168.0.7 (Also tried other numbers and also DHCP)

NOT WORKING!

Does the HUB.3 have a Port Forwarding Bug?
Maybe i'm missing something?

Any help would be much appreciation.

Thanks!
Arthur Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Arthur_Rudge
Joining in
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

HUB.3 Port Forwarding BUG - HAS IT BEEN SOLVED?

Hello

For many months now, infact a year there has been an ongoing issue with Port Forwarding on the Superhub.3. The last recalled comment was by virgin support staff in November 2016 saying a fix will be available soon but there have been no updates.

CAN WE PLEASE HAVE AN UPDATE ON THIS ISSUE, anyone?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB.3 Port Forwarding BUG - HAS IT BEEN SOLVED?

Please stop creating multiple threads for the same issue, it will not get you a response any quicker, quite the opposite.  I have merged your threads.

FYI The forum team respond to the oldest post waiting for a reply. This means if you keep posting on the thread or are having a conversation between members then it will bump you to the bottom of their list. For the quickest response, post once and they will get to you as soon as possible.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Arthur_Rudge
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Reply, lol!, now that would be nice!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you are having difficulty adding port forwarding rules then there is a suggestion HERE that the sequence port forwards are entered makes a difference.  If you have successfully added rules but they are not working then at the end of that thread it is suggested that also setting up port triggering on the same port numbers helped to get it working.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I thought that Port 80, being default, is always open. Thus it should not be necessary to set the Local Port Range.

Have you tried that?

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Arthur_Rudge
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Thanks for the input.

You mean leave the input fields empty for local?
Will it accept that, leaving them blank?

Many thanks
Arthur Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Arthur_Rudge
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi SCA1972

Thanks for your input also but it is a bit confusing.

In the link it suggested the following : (You have to delete the rules and then enter the port forward in ascending order. eg. Ports 22,80,443,8080  in that order).

Now the DVR has the following usual settings :
IP = 192.168.0.24 (Set by DHCP)
TCP = 37777 (as per usual)
HTTP = 80 (as per usual)

On the previous Superhub.1 i never had to set the port 80, i just put TCP as 37777 and IP as 192.168.0.24

On the NEW Superhub.3 what do i set????????
It wanted Local so i set it as 80, it wanted External so i set it as 37777 and for the IP is set it to 192.168.0.24
Nothing worked.

Customer is very cheesed off and is thinking of buying a Hub.1 from Ebay.

I need to visit customer again next week so any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Arthur Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

buying a superhub from ebay will not work as they always belong to VM and shouldn;t be sold so Vm will not activate stolen ones on the network. It has to be supplied by VM
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Arthur_Rudge wrote:

On the previous Superhub.1 i never had to set the port 80, i just put TCP as 37777 and IP as 192.168.0.24

On the NEW Superhub.3 what do i set????????
It wanted Local so i set it as 80, it wanted External so i set it as 37777 and for the IP is set it to 192.168.0.24
Nothing worked.

Customer is very cheesed off and is thinking of buying a Hub.1 from Ebay.

I need to visit customer again next week so any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Arthur Smiley Happy

Arfur,

If you have questions about the solution I linked to I suggest posting on that thread and maybe @dnewsholme can explain further about the solution.  I don't have a Hub 3 and was just passing on the info I had seen.

As has been pointed out, trying to use any "stolen" VM kit from eBay won't work. If your customer is happy to buy additional kit then they could put the hub into modem mode and attach a third party router to handle all their port forwarding needs.  Asus routers are popular with folks round here and I prefer Netgear kit myself.

0 Kudos