Menu
peterh87
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Frustrating wifi dropouts

I have a new Galaxy Tab A (2016) which frequently drops the strong WiFi connection from 8ft away, my wife's Galaxy Tab Pro  (my old Tablet!) works perfectly with no dropouts with the same strong signal, is my Super hub 2 being  selective or have I got problems with my new Samsung?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Frustrating wifi dropouts

What wireless encryption are you using.

It might be worth setting the hub to WPA2 with AES if not already done so.

peterh87
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Griffin, thanks for your reply, the hub was on WPA2 auto so I've just changed it over to WPA2 AES, being a bit thick here, but why would it affect the new tablet but not the older one? Anyway I'll check it over the weekend and let you know how it goes, again many thanks.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What wireless encryption are you using.

It might be worth setting the hub to WPA2 with AES if not already done so.

peterh87
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Griffin, thanks for your reply, the hub was on WPA2 auto so I've just changed it over to WPA2 AES, being a bit thick here, but why would it affect the new tablet but not the older one? Anyway I'll check it over the weekend and let you know how it goes, again many thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Possibly minor driver incompatibilities, with each adapter's firmware for each device needing to be fully compatible with a wide range of devices (even devices by the same manufacturer)  which they might not have full details of, an unenviable task.

One example is when Microsoft released Windows 10, a few wireless adapters did not work,or not work properly with Win 10 whilst others needed a firmware update to work with Win 10.

It is always a good idea to check that your device's firmware is up to date, according to the adapter's manufacturer's website. Do not rely on Windows update as Microsoft can be very, very slow certifying drivers.

peterh87
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I took the tablet back and got a replacement and then received a new Hub 3 and everythings looking good, touch wood!!
0 Kudos