Menu
rudy691
Dialled in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Frequent disconnections throughout the day (wired and wireless)

hello.

I seem to be having problems with frequent disconnections during the day (both wired and wireless). internet goes down for 2-3 minutes and comes back on. same on wired and wireless. just checked the logs and this is what I'm getting:

the T3 time-out is when the disconnection happened. had loads of them last night:

adding my downstream and upstream also:

any help would be appreciated. thanks

0 Kudos
rudy691
Dialled in
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Frequent disconnections throughout the day (wired and wireless)

just happened again. seem to be happen regularly 1-2 times per hour.

asdsadsad.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

The T3 errors are suggesting an upstream problem.

You will need to contact VM for resolution, either by waiting here about a week until a VM Forum Team Member picks up the thread, or give them a call on 150 from a VM line or 0345 454 1111 for a quicker response.

rudy691
Dialled in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

i've spoke with VM on the phone, they did some tests - didtn find anything. recommended to factory reset the router and get back to them if it keeps happening. it is still happening. i've noticed some sort of a pattern here. internet goes down almost on time every hour and it starts with the 'DHCP RENEW sent - No response for IPv4' error and couple of minutes after that the T3 time out start and that's when it goes down. it doesn't go down long enough for the icon on my PC to change, so i presume it's not technically disconnecting - it's going down for 1-2 minutes.

fdfds.png

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

The DHCP renews are usually not a problem. it is just a security measure.

The T3s could possibly be a problem, if frequent. TBH I think this type of problem is beyond First Line Supportt#s technical capability.

Are you in the WN 1 - 7 area perchance?

There seems to be a problem there with the DHCP lease, looks like a problem with VM's DHCP servers..

rudy691
Dialled in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Yes mate, I am actually in WN7 area (Leigh).

The T3s are happening on spot every hour, but they always start with that DHCP error.

Any thoughts on this or it will have to be looked at by an engineer ?
0 Kudos
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

rudy691 wrote:
Yes mate, I am actually in WN7 area (Leigh).

The T3s are happening on spot every hour, but they always start with that DHCP error.

Any thoughts on this or it will have to be looked at by an engineer ?

You need to try and convince tier 1 support to put you through to tier 2 to report this issue, It is happening to a few on here from WN1-7 areas myself included the more reports the better chance we have of getting it resolved.

rudy691
Dialled in
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

yh, just seen your post mate. same problem for me. I will be ringing them now and see what I can do. I was actually transfered to technical team and they wasn't much helpful, but now I will mention this is an ongoing issues with a few other people.
0 Kudos
Bluey_UK
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Just mention that there is a "open case" currently in progress regarding 60 minute lease renews.
rudy691
Dialled in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

right, so I just got off the phone with them. took some time to get transferred to tier 2 though, after I started mentioning DHCP and T3 etc. first guy couldn't handle it anymore and finally got transfered. tier 2 was trying to convince me that they're not sure if it's a network fault or the SH2 fault. he was doing some test and could see the hub requesting a new IP every hours and getting the dodgy one back. i've ended up with an engineer appointment for next Saturday, so a week of 1 hour disconnections for me...

0 Kudos